What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

Down to 70 and not raining at all right now.

Today was perfect for the over seeding I put down after scalping the lawn yesterday, soft rain all morning then the heavy downpour this afternoon without lightning!

It's either been green air to breathe or sucking in 95% humidity lately, got my snot maker working overtime this week.

• Like 1

• Moderators

VERY windy all day and alot of moisture coming out of the Gulf heading North,  someone's going to get it and it might not be good when it meets up with a cold front or whatever it does.

More wind than normal gust to 35 and I think they are underestimating it.

southmissvly.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SWL said:

Yesterday everything was green.....people getting their lawn mowers ready etc. Today they're calling for 5-8" of snow on April 14th.1b2f97b2c591a42acbc934378ed81aa9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks wonderful...like a snowmobile trail.

• Like 1

Looks wonderful...like a snowmobile trail.
Actually, it's my driveway. Fresh fallen snow looks beautiful around here......but by April we've pretty much had enough and are ready for summer.[emoji4]

7 minutes ago, SWL said:

Actually, it's my driveway. Fresh fallen snow looks beautiful around here......but by April we've pretty much had enough and are ready for summer.emoji4.png

Amen brother!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We've had our ac running for a month to keep it down at 79 during the day plus fighting the humidity.

Our wall of pine trees got taken down by the cat 1 Hugo and my replacement chindos aren't getting to that 30' tall 20' wide like the barrels said they should.

Planning for am & pm shade is a necessity down here. 

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

We've had our ac running for a month to keep it down at 79 during the day plus fighting the humidity.

Our wall of pine trees got taken down by the cat 1 Hugo and my replacement chindos aren't getting to that 30' tall 20' wide like the barrels said they should.

Planning for am & pm shade is a necessity down here. 

Yep, 76 and high humidity here this morning when I got up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yep, 76 and high humidity here this morning when I got up.

Given where your locale is I'd imagine you get it worse than us, ours comes up from the gulf... you practically live on it. It doesn't really get bad until August and September here when the heatwaves usually strike.

In FL it was different from here and the weird thing I noticed after about six months? I had to cut my nails and hair more frequently. Figured it was the salt in the air or that combined with the constant wet air, my diet stayed the same.

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Given where your locale is I'd imagine you get it worse than us, ours comes up from the gulf.

Yep, there's always a wind coming out of the south and it pumps moisture straight out of the Gulf.

@wuzzer I feel your pain.  Calgary had snow 2 of the last 3 weekends, but it finally looks like spring might arrive this weekend.  I had to have a new roof put on and got it done right between snow storms!  Very lucky. 

70, overcast, flood warnings, and looking like rain again.  Same ol' shi-caca.  Most of AR is 11" above average or the year so far and this crap is still keeping us from getting the septic system installed so we could actually live in our new house.  Been waiting 5 months to get it done.  About the time it's going to dry up some where we might be able to start, it rains again.