What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

CHANCE FOR SOME SEVERE WEATHER SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. 

WKTV+County+Labels+(6).png 

A low pressure system looks to bring rain showers and thunderstorms to our region Sunday.

Posted: May. 18, 2019 6:08 PM

A low pressure system off to our west is expected to bring some much warmer air into the region tomorrow and with it comes the unstable condtions needed for scattered thunderstorms to develop. Some of these storms could become severe. Right now The Storm Prediction Center has the majoirty of our viewing area under slight risk (See classification chart). 

Outlook-category-descriptions27.png

The primary concern is wind gusts. If severe storms develop we can see wind gust between 60-70mph. That is strong enough to see some structural damage, downed trees, and power outages.

Cloud to ground lightning is anticipated in Sunday's storms so if you hear thunder make sure you head indoors. Large hail can also occur in these storms. The possibility for an isolated tornado cannot be ruled out at this time.

Locally heavy rainfall may occur and, since soils are already wet from plenty of rain this spring, with possible to see flooding for small streams, urban/poor drainage areas, and roadways. Isolated flash flooding cannot be ruled out.

As of right now the greatest risk for severe weather looks to be between 1PM to 10PM on Sunday. However, there is an additional chance for some more severe weather Sunday night. Make sure you stay updated on the forecast throughout the day, especially if you have outdoor plans.

3 hours ago, Davis said:

If it rains out Indy qualifying today then the Pole and front row is set. But the final row will qualify on Monday with 6 cars going for the final 3 positions.

Alonso was way behind 4 others in practice this morning, doesn't look good for him. There's a lot of talk about McLaren buying him a spot, or at least applying their sponsor dollars towards another car.

Davis.....you out there today? Go to Meccum? I WAY underestimated the seriousness of my shoulder operation. They did 4 separate surgeries in 1 operation. Still can't lift my arm, been 5 weeks.

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Alonso was way behind 4 others in practice this morning, doesn't look good for him. There's a lot of talk about McLaren buying him a spot, or at least applying their sponsor dollars towards another car.

Davis.....you out there today? Go to Meccum? I WAY underestimated the seriousness of my shoulder operation. They did 4 separate surgeries in 1 operation. Still can't lift my arm, been 5 weeks.

Did Mecum on Thursday and the speedway on Friday.

The SVRA event is in August this year so you have more time to heal.

9 hours ago, Davis said:

Did Mecum on Thursday and the speedway on Friday.

The SVRA event is in August this year so you have more time to heal.

I'll be ready....

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

80 degrees on the way to work this morning.  Summer is right around the corner.

My wife talked to my daughter in San Antonio earlier, thought she said 94 there today.

• Like 1