What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

• Moderators
On 5/19/2019 at 12:56 PM, Ceptorman said:

I WAY underestimated the seriousness of my shoulder operation. They did 4 separate surgeries in 1 operation. Still can't lift my arm, been 5 weeks.

Are the doctors OK with how it's going?

21 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

2 T’s in Buffett. His sisters name isn’t Noon, either.

OK, it was hard to remember how to spell it,  I was drinking whenever we went and was not paying attention which I am perfecting since retiring.

Did go to his sister's place once when visiting someone on the coast in Alabama I think it was, it's right on the side of a tall bridge. 

The Florabama can be a fun place.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

My wife talked to my daughter in San Antonio earlier, thought she said 94 there today.

A forum member from here lives there, Luther lives in San Antonio and we went to visit once. I could not live there, it's hotter than here and about half the rain. They average 31" a year and we average 63.5 which means alot fewer clouds and rains that can cool things off in the evening. But it was a nice place and some great local food.

23 hours ago, dtel said:

Are the doctors OK with how it's going?

Yes they are. They do a lot of measuring on how much range of motion I have, and they claim my numbers are much better than normal. I completely severed my bicep tendon, that's what's keeping me from lifting my arm. It is finally starting to feel better, but I'm still only sleeping about 3 hours at a time.

23 hours ago, dtel said:

A forum member from here lives there, Luther lives in San Antonio and we went to visit once. I could not live there, it's hotter than here and about half the rain. They average 31" a year and we average 63.5 which means alot fewer clouds and rains that can cool things off in the evening. But it was a nice place and some great local food.

I've been there 3 times, yes, it gets pretty hot, but they do have lower humidity than some of the other Texas cities. The heat is very intense though. My wife would love to move there, but I work outside and I don't think this fair skinned fella would survive there. It is a great city, friendly folks, awesome food, and a very low crime rate (I checked)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Glad your doctors are happy, that sounds good, it's just going to take time.

I forgot about the humidity, your right it's lower, but it sure is dry and hot. We only went out to eat at one place, it was very casual but great food.

I guess you get used to whatever weather you have had most of your life, that seems normal to you.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 10:30 PM, dtel said:

They average 31" a year and we average 63.5 which means alot fewer clouds

I'd guess you might not care to be here on a long term.  A good year is 20".  I think I absorbed 5lb of water while I was in Indiana. I make fun of the wife. She carries a bottle of water [or is it?] everywhere she goes... 

She will take a bottle of water for the 2 block walk to the store.... and there is a drinking fountain along the way. With as much as she drinks, I spose it's a good thing there is a toilet along the way, too. lol

It still struggling to catch up to normal temps. 85` isn't bad. It's just -10` average.

We need the blob of hot [that is settled over the SE] to move over TX. That makes our rainy [monsoon] season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time to cover you marijuana plants

SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS

Last Updated: 8:37 PM

Frost Advisory

Areas Affected:Allegany; Cattaraugus; Chautauqua; Lewis

NWS Buffalo (Western New York)

...FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 7 AM EDT TUESDAY... 

* LOCATIONS...Lewis, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Allegany counties. 

* TIMING...From overnight tonight through early Tuesday morning. 

* TEMPERATURES...In the mid to upper 30s. 

* IMPACTS...Unprotected spring vegetation may be damaged or killed by frost.

A Frost Advisory is issued when frost is expected to develop during the growing season. If you are in the advisory area you should take steps to protect tender vegetation. Also, potted plants normally left outdoors should be covered or brought inside away from the cold.

finally getting seasonable.  It has been a long/cold winter.  100` tomorrow, for the 1st time this year. Normally happens the last week of May. Humidity?.. let me say, we can smell a cloud if it gets w/i 5 miles

it is dry.

• Sad 1

the heat is ON!.

We're finally getting "normal" temps.  Average high is 100` in Tucson. 104 `predicted for them.  we get 100`. 

what isn't normal.... we got a spot of rain, yesterday. Not enough to get wet or cool things down... sure smelled nice.

• Like 1