What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

"Severe clear" as the weather people say here

r/h?  low                   dew point is around..... it will happen as frost... 20`

55` this AM. Going for 97`.  Wind is sposed to happen as a "cold" front passes. That will drop our temps a few degrees, only a few.

rumors of the monsoon being delayed.

... I was afraid of that.  June has been below normal temps. Average in Tucson is now 101`. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevinmi said:

Governor is trying to get a National Emergency declared because the farmers can't get the corn and soybeans planted in the fields.

What? As in WTF. Don't know if that really qualfies, but WTH do I know?

• Like 2

HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS ADVISORY ISSUED IN UTICA DUE TO FLOODING 

Crews need time to clear right-of-ways and repair damage.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 11:41 AM
Updated: Jun 20, 2019 12:57 PM
Posted By: Gary Liberatore 

UTICA, N.Y. -- The heavy rain across the area Thursday morning is wreaking havoc on Utica roadways.

There has been flooding in several areas and the city has issues a hazardous conditions advisory.

Utica officials say crews are out clearing debris, assessing conditions and taking necessary measures to alleviate the flooding.They need time to clear right-of-ways and repair damage.

Mayor Rob Palmieri says the good news is that things are quieting down, and will be quiet for a few hours, but he is concerned about another round of heavy rains that may come Thursday afternoon.

The roadway on Oneida Street in South Utica, not far from Calvary Cemetery, filled up very quickly, within a matter of about 10 minutes, and cars continued to drive right through there.

The mayor says he advises people to avoid any high water, and the city has a team keeping an eye on things throughout the city.

“Obviously, this volume of water has come down a short period of time. There's flooding throughout all over. We have the DPW cruise out there, the parks out there, the fire department, the police department in full force doing as much as we can to try to keep up with Mother Nature,” Palmieri said. “It's just the volume of water is just too much for the catch basin's and so forth, so we are out there cleaning off the catch basin's, but the volume of water if you go over the Parkway and some of our areas that are prone to it. It's just the volume of water and a sharpie of time and obviously is causing flooding.”

Utica police say that people should avoid unnecessary travel at this time and when there is ponding, turn around and don’t drive through it ⁠— call 911 in the case of an emergency. 

Due to flooding issues the following roadways will be blocked:

1. Valley View Road in Utica to the New Hartford line

The Parkway and Pleasant Street have reopened.

UPD is advising drivers to find alternate routes of travel.

Three deg. C overnight, rainfall warning ... 50mm to 100mm depending on location Southern Alberta and at least 6 days of it forward (already have had 3 days).  Yikes.

Watching some workmen across our alley trying to put up or take down (I think they surrendered) some foundation forms.  The foundation pit is a lake.  Literally if someone fell in, they could drown.

91 degrees at this moment with thunder storms rolling in.  Multiple wild fires within 150 miles so that is smoke in the distance.  Mt. Denali would be visible past the airport runway to the right if the smoke wasn't obscuring it.

IMG_3253.jpg

On 6/14/2019 at 8:42 AM, JohnJ said:

Yep @Ceptorman I do recall that and the trouble you've had with it, hope you're getting better. But if you've got the gals taking care of it they're great! Around here it is odd to see the homeowner doing their own yardwork.

I think that they are the abnormal, lazy ones, and yep I wash our car once a month too, sometimes twice.

Mother Gaia washed my car twice today!

And I always do my own yard work! Price of owning a yard!

John Kuthe...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThomasD. said:

91 degrees at this moment with thunder storms rolling in.  Multiple wild fires within 150 miles so that is smoke in the distance.  Mt. Denali would be visible past the airport runway to the right if the smoke wasn't obscuring it.

IMG_3253.jpg

91F and wildfires....I thought you were in Cali somewhere but found out otherwise when I clicked to the thread. 91F has to pretty unusual for AK?

Could be worse. It was 96F (high peak) and 50% humidity here Thursday afternoon, with a "feels like" temp of 110F. On the local tv news @ 1800 they had video of a couple local people @ the hospital receiving fluids via IV for dehydration.

I mowed my yard yesterday @ 1400 and it was 92F. But thankfully we have no wildfires.

61, sunny and another perfect day coming.  75 for the high with humidity to settle in around 50%.  2 days in a row. Whooooo!  I think we only get 10 of these a year in NE Ohio, so I'll take it.  Totally sucks that I'm in the office all freaking day.

• Like 1