What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

91F and wildfires....I thought you were in Cali somewhere but found out otherwise when I clicked to the thread. 91F has to pretty unusual for AK?

Could be worse. It was 96F (high peak) and 50% humidity here Thursday afternoon, with a "feels like" temp of 110F. On the local tv news @ 1800 they had video of a couple local people @ the hospital receiving fluids via IV for dehydration.

I mowed my yard yesterday @ 1400 and it was 92F. But thankfully we have no wildfires.

And another wild fire just miles from here sprung up shortly after I posted that pic yesterday.  The Shovel Creek Fire has already consumed 200 + acres and growing rapidly.  We cannot have heat without fire up here.  Good thing there's lots of acreage in Alaska.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

The mower's are all fired up around here!  What Pete H said!

Yard was still a bit soggy to put the Steiner on it, so the wife said that if I gassed up the cub cadet, she would get it done, reluctantly, I said OK.  LOL  Just cant beat the last 2 days, but we both know it will be short lived.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

The mower's are all fired up around here!  What Pete H said!

"Fired up"? NOT ME!!

100% ELECTRIC!! Two 75' 3 awg12 extension cords and a 13amp electric MOWER, electric weed whip and blower!

Plus a 100% ELECTRIC Nissan Leaf and I hardly buy ANY GASOLINE anymore! 

Which is why I can afford Klipsch SPEAKERS :-)

John Kuthe...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

"Fired up"? NOT ME!!

100% ELECTRIC!! Two 75' 3 awg12 extension cords and a 13amp electric MOWER, electric weed whip and blower!

Plus a 100% ELECTRIC Nissan Leaf and I hardly buy ANY GASOLINE anymore! 

Which is why I can afford Klipsch SPEAKERS 🙂

John Kuthe...

I see a remote controlled mower in your future...  lol  https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/robotic-lawn-mowers/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

I see a remote controlled mower in your future...  lol  https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/robotic-lawn-mowers/

Nahhh! 

NO ROBOT can ever adapt as quickly and adeptly as I can! I am a Whitewater kayaker after all! Read and React! That was the motto we The Experienced decided we were doing when running the Numbers in Colorado a number of years ago!

Read and REACT!! Lest Ye Die! 😉

John Kuthe...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:

June gloom continues. A switch will be turned on July 1st if history is any indication and we will have sunshine and high temps and not a cloud in the sky for the next 4 months.

Kinda wish I had a switch BUT not putting in a system just to cool down for 2 months even though I want to.  Screw HVAC, I'm putting my $$$ in a system I can enjoy EVERY day!  IF you know what I mean! hahaha  BIGGER fan w/a remote... 

https://tenor.com/view/crazy-fan-gif-9358566

• Haha 1

• Moderators

87.6 degrees and 66% humidity right now.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:10 PM, ThomasD. said:

Multiple wild fires within 150 miles so that is smoke in the distance.  Mt. Denali would be visible past the airport runway to the right if the smoke wasn't obscuring it.

I was thinking it might have been the Sahara dust causing part of that, but after looking it never made it North or West that much. It had been hazy here and at night very hazy as far as trying to see the stars or much of anything.

The is dust in the air from the Sahara desert making it's way to the US, I know hard to beleave. 

https://www.wlky.com/article/belskis-blog-sahara-dust-is-producing-some-nice-sunrises-and-sunsets/28182391

http://www.startribune.com/dust-from-africa-to-set-off-spectacular-gulf-coast-sunsets-while-quelling-atlantic-hurricanes/511759272/

screen-shot-2019-06-25-at-10-38-02-am-1561473920.png

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Shiva said:

In the house, windows open.  69 degrees - 69% humidity.  

Nice numbers

I looked at that model when I was looking, ended up buying something very similar, mostly got burned out shopping and picked one with good reviews. So many had features I didn't want or need. But I have to say I love the idea of having something accurate that at the same time does inside and outside. The ones I had in the past which  just hung on the wall outside and were so far off a good guess was just as good. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I have probably had this one for about 10 years or more. It syncs to an atomic clock, at some unknown location.   The outside sensor no longer works with it, so it only reads where it sits. 

They sell extra sensors, many can have 3-4 for different locations or room, it would just have to link up with your unit. I really only needed the one for the porch.

• Like 1