What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

It started raining steadily yesterday, probably rain all day and tonight looking at the radar.

This is a pic from out a back window, the rain gauge says 3 3/4" since yesterday, this is looking at the back yard to the right side. Raised vegetable garden (with weeds) with the rain gauge on the end.

334C9F11-D2F8-4832-932B-106A97377336.jpeg

Making the grass grow and rising

your lake... thanks

Good for the ducks... Lol

• Haha 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Making the grass grow and rising

When this stops and the sun comes out it will be time to cut the grass in a few days at the most. Being from Fla you know how that works.

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

Good for the ducks... Lol

Wild ducks and geese use the pond and back yard alot. We stopped buying baby Mallards because they would grow up and leave with the visiting ducks, or something would eat them before they grew up, they would just disappear from the group. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Dtel,    Love that you have your own pond out back and all that space.  How close is your nearest neighbor?

To the back right about 1000' and across the street about 500'-700' to the left and much further in other directions.

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

They all moved away...

Not yet, but they are nice, we get along fine, the one to the back right is OK but his wife is just crazy, her husband don't even talk to her it seems but we never hear anything from them.

32 minutes ago, billybob said:

Sadly, do not have a bushhog here...😚

Me neither, but a 6' finishing mower get's used alot.

Shiva here is a pic to get an idea, just short of 6 acres.

troy flying-111 copy.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whoa, a 1000 feet in some directions.  That is some serious elbow room. 👍  So many in this country,  would have no idea what that would be like to have so much space around their abode.  Nice ! 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Thank you, we do like the privacy, we had always lived in subdivisions, and were lucky to have good neighbors, but this is much better. Been here over 20 years, couldn't live like we did before.

Posted pic rain gauge almost 2 hours ago at  3 3/4',  it's at 4 3/4" now, and this is off and on rain not steady.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dtel said:

We do like the privacy, we had always lived in subdivisions, and were lucky to have good neighbors, but this is much better. Been here over 20 years, couldn't live like we did before.

Posted pic rain gauge almost 2 hours ago at  3 3/4',  it's at 4 3/4" now, and this is off and on rain not steady.

So TS Barry I read here... enjoy the rest of weekend. That is right a lawn finishing mower. with your  trusty Kubota. Saw pics of before.

Only way to get that much done...sanely😊

• Like 1

• Moderators

It does make it easier, I put a roof over it to stay out of the sun. But if i didn't need the tractor for other things a good zero turn can actually cut more acres per hour and would have been cheaper. But it's not going anywhere I love my tractor, and the older I get the more I love it, it can still move heavy things.

• Like 1

Just now, dtel said:

It does make it easier, I put a roof over it to stay out of the sun. But if i didn't need the tractor for other things a good zero turn can actually cut more acres per hour and would have been cheaper. But it's not going anywhere I love my tractor, and the older I get the more I love it, it can still move heavy things.

Handy to have am sure like moving large Klipsch speaker arrays.  Lol

Could use it to pull out a cabbage Palm root...I'll get it done... lol

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

We do like the privacy, we had always lived in subdivisions, and were lucky to have good neighbors, but this is much better. Been here over 20 years, couldn't live like we did before.

Rain and clouds the only thing keeping it somewhat tolerable around here. Oh, and the gulf breeze of course...place 20 minutes from here has fried mullet and swamp cabbage, cheese grits and hush puppies... You and Christy drop by sometime...they ha ve other fish so ... cool...lol

• Like 2

looks like a slice of heaven, @dtel

Bluebird skies this AM.

Sounds like an oxymoron... sunny and warm enough to rain. That's how it works, though. Some popcorn cumulus clouds are getting ideas now. I  love the monsoon season. We see a lot more rain than we get. Kind of gambler's rush when it actually happens.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, billybob said:

place 20 minutes from here has fried mullet and swamp cabbage, cheese grits and hush puppies.

Never had mullet before and don't know what swamp cabbage is, cheese grits and hush puppies is good. That's one thing there a million ways to do hush puppies it seems. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Mullet from clear water is delicious.

Mullet from muddy water is trash fish.

East coast Florida mullet while edible has a short shelf life. Typically  black mullet from the big bend and farther south in the gulf, have been smoked or fried for generations. Before that, the native people. It was an industry at the mouth of the Suwannee around 1860. Sure there are some I would not eat...

• Like 1

Hope all the folks in Louisiana are ok.  We've actually had tornado warnings for Calgary and tornado sightings further north.  Crazy.  Hoping for a few days of mid/high 70's F and no rain!  Please stop the rain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Hope all the folks in Louisiana are ok.  We've actually had tornado warnings for Calgary and tornado sightings further north.  Crazy.  Hoping for a few days of mid/high 70's F and no rain!  Please stop the rain.

We are safe. Boucoup rain, three full days of it off and on. I recorded 3.2" @ my house (three day collection), which is pretty low considering. I'm sure some areas saw 6+ inches collectively. This morning since sunrise is the first four + hours of zero rain @ my residence. Our local Lake Ponchartrain rose three feet from the storm surge itself. Lots of street flooding in some areas.

I have not heard a single death reported on the local tv news in southern Louisiana attributed to Hurricane Barry, which is great news. Thankfully Barry barely made hurricane status/intensity before making landfall. 

Lake Ponchartrain surge trend/live level reading:  https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lix&gage=mdll1

In  Arizona ,  95% of the rain does not make to the ground , evaporates  before  hitting .

We are in monsoon  season , soon the rains will start and cool the deserts , then the deserts will green up for a while 

Where I live , it was   68 degrees  this morning 

In Phoenix , 89 degrees  this morning  reaching a high if 114 degrees today , I'd hate to work outside in that heat 

• Like 2