What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

Put on my summer yardwork clothes at six this morning, that was nine hours ago. Not happening today, the care and feeding of my mother has gotten a lot more complicated, then had to run out and get supplies, then nurses for over an hour. In the middle I made dirty rice and blackeyes `cause the pot pies and frozen pizza have lost their allure. I'll make cornbread to go with the rest of it early tomorrow. Ate a whole cereal bowl (about two cups) full and I'm ruined... too heavy a brunch to get out in the heat now. 100 a little late today at 12:40. Got to trim all those darned bushes that I now hate and cut the yard so I can water it all to keep it from scorching by the weekend.

Lots of water folks. Lots of water when it gets hot like this - even if you're not thirsty.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know how you feel 96 degrees here but the humidity is kind of low for us at 47%

Yesterday the belts broke on the finishing mower, so while I had it apart I decided to repaint it. It was getting rusty. So I cleaned up the rust and loose paint and washed it to paint today.

Well I went out and sprayed it with primer for the last couple of hours, and just came inside wet, If I would have thought I should have done it in the fall, I had to be careful not to drip sweat on it while painting, you think I  would have learned by now, but no.

The good part is it is drying very fast, I might be able to paint the topcoat this evening, I hope that primer slows down the rust.

8FE4D194-7B7A-44F7-9465-076B3F2065CD.jpeg

• Like 3

The Dew point tells the tale.  Yesterday it was 93 degrees with a dew point of 76.  This turned out to be a Heat index of 110.  Got a break today, temp at 93 and Dew point is 75. Heat index is just 106.  Humidity just shows 55%, but have a conversation with your AC condenser outside and it will give you a heads up on how hard it is to cool a home and dry air now. 

On the tv news/weather @ 1200 today they stated its gonna be pretty hot everywhere for the next 3 or 4 days. Especially east of the Mississippi River where heat indexes in some locations could approach 115F.

93F and 53% humidity here right now. South Louisiana.

2 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

The fabricated heat index or the chill index doesn't bother me at all. However very cold, very windy,  and very hot does.

JJK

It's not fabricated so much as the chill index started as a navy measurement.  Wind chill still means a lot.

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:
WKTV+County+Labels4.jpg

The heat index is expected to climb above 100° 

That's pretty bad for y'all northerners. Hope your ac is in good shape Mike, ours set at 80 between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm has run twice sometimes three times an hour the last couple of weeks. And nope, 80 isn't too bad with the ceiling fans running and the de-humidifier on at night to bring the humidity down below 50%.

Well 80 isn't bad if you've been outside for any period of time!

10 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Oh you’re welcome! I was in Mt Vernon Ohio Saturday night, wonderful little town. 40 miles northeast of Columbus. Went to an Edwin McCain concert. I was at the Woodward Opera House, the oldest operating theater in the country. Wonderful show, awesome venue. 

Im ready for the heat to go away!

Well ya should have said sumpin!  I'm an hour NW of Mt Vernon on 30 duh!  The Woodard, I think, has been remodelled or has it?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldtimer said:

It's not fabricated so much as the chill index started as a navy measurement.  Wind chill still means a lot.

I actually agree with you. My comments were aimed at the weatherman spinning things for ratings like "Stay in the house it's too cold", "We will get waves of rain", "Drink as much water as you can", and for ordinary thunderstorms to go hide in the basement. I did watch the chill index (the first or second version of the Air Force) for the exposed flesh freezing times when I was in Greenland, Northern Canada, and Alaska. I believe it was based on how fast a chicken would freeze. There are newer versions now spun out as much as you can spin them.

JJK

12 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Well ya should have said sumpin!  I'm an hour NW of Mt Vernon on 30 duh!  The Woodard, I think, has been remodelled or has it?  

It was recently remodeled. I thought you were in the northwest end of Ohio.