What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

• Moderators
2 hours ago, babadono said:

9 inches in one day? Yowzer. People around here would not know how to act. My place would be a disaster.

That's not a record by far, it can be much more.

I would guess around large hills or mountains that could add alot more problems as it all tends to head into certain places and cause flash floods.

12 hours ago, brians7 said:

Yes it was very close call for me 2'' more and it would been the house. Carl just lives a few block away I hope every thing well. 

I tried making it to Dowlen but too much water in the road.  Our friends that live on your side of Westgate got water in their house.  Glad you're OK.  We never got water in our house during Harvey so I canceled my flood insurance and really don't worry about it any more.  If you ever are scared that it might happen to you, I'll gladly store your Belles.  :D

Some of the original predictions for us up here in North/Central East Texas had us getting 6+ inches, but when the depression stalled down south for so long, things changed. I measured .06 inches of rain on Wednesday, .38 inches on Thursday, and so far .05 inches today. Basically, we are damp! On the positive side, with the rain we have received and the overcast, I haven't had to run the lawn sprinkler system! And, it has been too damp to mow; ah shucks!!!!! 

We are very dry up here and could have used more rain, but I'll take dampness over flooding!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

98.8 today with 38% humidity which is low for us, and no rain for the last few weeks.

And there was plenty of snow in the NW mountains and frost up by Dirtmudd soon, quite a difference.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1