What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

@Wolfbane your deck looks like mine!  Already tired of the pre-winter snow.  We are slowly crawling out of the negatives and might get a week of 10 to 13 C.  I need it to all melt and dry up so I can clean up the gardens and do final outside work.  Then the winter projects, leading to our "secret santa" Christmas gifts.  I have some work to do, trying to find some "cheap" speakers locally as we set a budget for the gifts.  Dang hard to get good Klipsch bookshelf speakers for $100 Cdn.  I'm wearing out Kijiji searching.

3 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

@Wolfbane your deck looks like mine!  Already tired of the pre-winter snow.  We are slowly crawling out of the negatives and might get a week of 10 to 13 C.  I need it to all melt and dry up so I can clean up the gardens and do final outside work.  Then the winter projects, leading to our "secret santa" Christmas gifts.  I have some work to do, trying to find some "cheap" speakers locally as we set a budget for the gifts.  Dang hard to get good Klipsch bookshelf speakers for $100 Cdn.  I'm wearing out Kijiji searching.

I feel like I should be sending Klipsch speakers over the border every time my inlaws come to visit from Winnipeg.  I could make a killing :D 

• Like 1

Welllll, the tomato plants are now history as are the impatiens in the front flower box.  Front coming thru and then it's looks like mother nature is gonna take her first dump of Fall.  Rain & 58 for a high tomorrow w/overnite temps hitting 35.  I think the party is over.  Almost time to rake/blow/sweep all the neighbors leaves.  They're all too busy to do their own so they just let them blow over to me.  Think I might go on strike this year but then I'd be buried and have NO grass to mow next year.  I could be onto something...  :)

impatiens.jpg

Should have posted a pic of the guy across the street. 9, yes 9 huge oaks about 35+ feet high.  Talk about a mess?  I have one old honey locus tree with very small leaves that disintegrate quickly in my yard and just had the boys trim it last year.  The dude across the street?  Ummm, NEVAH!  UGH!

During the change of seasons here you normally run the heater in your car on the way to work and the ac on the way home.  Today will be just the opposite.  Just during the lunch hour it felt like it dropped 10 degrees and should drop another 10 by the time I go home.  90's earlier in the week and we'll have 50's by tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MC39693 said:

I shoveled all the snow from last week off my entire lawn into the city sewer last Friday so I could gather up all the poplar leaves and cut the grass in preparation for aeration and winter fertilizer preparation on Saturday. Neighbors thought I lost my mind, but glad I did given this weeks snow. I'm heading south soon and don't want to find myself snowed out from winter prep this year. That happened last year. Now I just have to wait until just after the full moon to plant my garlic for next year. It'll be fairly dark out if cloudy so no one should notice until they see the straw cover in place the next day.

Snowblower annual maintenance scheduled for this afternoon... when it warms up some more.

Wb 

4 hours ago, Shaun K said:

I feel like I should be sending Klipsch speakers over the border every time my inlaws come to visit from Winnipeg.  I could make a killing :D 

Winterpeg is probably not the best place to make a killing. However, if you go downtown there late at night you might get to witness a killing. Usually a knife is involved in the land of no property rights or proper Constitution. 🔪

Wb

5 hours ago, MC39693 said:

Dang hard to get good Klipsch bookshelf speakers for $100

ain't easy with $100USD, either

I've been looking.  Best I've seen is a pair of RB-61 II with a small sub [Klipsch] for $200 and I would need to drive 150 miles [one way] to fetch them.

So, I have given brother-in-law all of his audio gear as he has no money for it but loves it.  He's using my hand-me-downs that are 4 generations old and unfortunately his "mains" are 2 old Bose (I know...) diminutive surround speakers. I got him for secret santa.  I've been looking (actually for 2 years now) and missed 2 chances for Heresy at $50 Cdn!  Ugh!  And with winter (weather is the theme of the thread?), I don't want to drive 4 hours north to Edmonton if there's a set up there (RB5s at a pawn shop but way over budget).  Feels like I'm going to have to go non-Klipsch but would like to at least be in the family and close to his center channel and sub that are Klipsch.  I am fine with fixing anything with speakers so even if I can find some that are broke, I'd fix them up.  Oh well, onwards and upwards.  Maybe I should post a wanted add in Kijiji?

We haven't made it up to even 70 today and it's 6:30 pm. Rain today at last soft rain for three or five hours then a thunderstorm that didn't rain hard until it was past us. Last month I cut the grass twice just to vacuum the leaves it was so dry the dust and the dust from the dry clay made me sick for a couple of weeks now. Less snot now and doing better, maybe the yards here will turn green again before it gets cool for the winter?

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

We haven't made it up to even 70 today and it's 6:30 pm. Rain today at last soft rain for three or five hours then a thunderstorm that didn't rain hard until it was past us. Last month I cut the grass twice just to vacuum the leaves it was so dry the dust and the dust from the dry clay made me sick for a couple of weeks now. Less snot now and doing better, maybe the yards here will turn green again before it gets cool for the winter?

Are you using a dust mask when cutting leaves with your mower? Helps a lot!

Lucky you: We haven't seen 70 degrees F for a couple of months.

Wb

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ran out and the tough-guy left in me though I could get by without it.

After all of this coughing keeping me from sleeping then figuring out which of the five hundred products to take to help out...... headed to the hardware store before the next cutting after a whole week of rain coming this way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Less snot now and doing better, maybe the yards here will turn green again before it gets cool for the winter?

TMI  😂

2 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

We haven't seen 70 degrees F for a couple of months.

Now THAT would suck big time.  Eh?  😂  With the birth announcement at least we know what you do in the winter waaaay up there!   Bundling up can be a good thing  :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tsut said:

We've had a lot of fog in the last few days. And I like this weather.

Do you live on the coast or inland? Morning fog or at night?

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

Here come those Santa Ana winds again.

Last few days have been warm even into the night time hours. Came home after dark last night still 82 in the valley. Was down to 76 at the house at 2000' elevation.

Great! We are headed for our annual summer this weekend with temps like that! I thought we were going to miss it this year too. Double bonus!!

Still going to have to fly down and rent a car, but summer is just 3 hours away by air.

Wb 

Wb

• Like 1