What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

7 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Things are quite hot out here in many parts of California. Santa Ana's are blowing,  Fires are blazing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7609231/Hundreds-evacuated-massive-wildfire-spreads-rapidly-Northern-California-70mph-winds.html

20130834-7609231-While_battling_the_blaze_a_firefighter_came_across_a_fire_whirl_-a-9_1571966370513.jpg

Sadly you see that on the nightly news far too often than ever.

California must be far too dry and the wrong place to jam people in close proximity.

Wb

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

In a few hours, assuming the weatherman is correct I could arrange to send you some snow. You pay shipping. How much would you like? ;)

Wb

I grew up and learned how to drive in the snow.  People around here didn't.  When we actually do get snow, it's not pretty on the roadways.

• Like 2

I grew up getting around in the snow by hanging low on someones rear bumper, sliding on the soles of our shoes.  We called it skitching and we had a blast doing it. The trick was only on side streets and to not let the driver see that you were grabbed on, otherwise you could be in for a scary ride.😀  Back in Michigan.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I grew up getting around in the snow by hanging low on someones rear bumper, sliding on the soles of our shoes.  We called it skitching and we had a blast doing it. The trick was only on side streets and to not let the driver see that you were grabbed on, otherwise you could be in for a scary ride.😀  Back in Michigan.  

Been there, done that.  Dry spots in the road were a be-atch.

• Haha 1

that brought back memories trying to get back to the ship after a night of hitting the bars. drunk as a skunk, and we’d grab the bumper and slide along the icy roads instead of walking. Stupid and horribly dangerous. Hit a dry spot on the road and it’s a whole new ballgame.  the bigger idiot is the driver and the person filming -- i sure hope this wasn’t the parent. 

Other times, we’d jump on a passing train and ride it for a while. being drunk, running alongside a train, then jumping to grab a ladder isn’t a smart thing to do -- I definitely don’t advise it.  As my brother would say, “God protects the ignorant” and for a great deal of my life, i think He was doing overtime protecting me. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Drewg said:

Heavy snow this morning bending tree branches to the ground. Expecting 6 more inches tomorrow. Too early for this!

82210af2146a32306e016b0d369985d0.jpg

Get out you’re straw broom and give them a good whacking; It’s a Canadian tradition. With Halloween they’re should be lots available. 🏒 also a good option🌧.

Wb

• Like 2

feels like winter, for the moment.  Sposed to freeze tomorrow AM. Note I did not say "frost".  Dew point is around 20`. Won't get that cold.

65` for a high today .... brrrrrr

dug out my long handles last night. And a pair of socks... Need to gather a little firewood.

BorderPatrol always talk to me when I'm out. One was acting like I was in for a romantic evening.

"Nope... not for effect...if I don't, the house will get cold.  Kinda takes the fun out of it".