What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

ChurchesSt. John's Evangelist Church, New HartfordClosed

Churches   Organizations   Schools

OrganizationsARC Oneida-Lewis Chapter2 Hour Delay

OrganizationsNational Center for Missing & Exploited ChildrenClosed

Churches   Organizations   Schools

SchoolsAdirondack Central School2 Hour Delay; No AM Pre-K

SchoolsApple Tree PreschoolClosed

SchoolsCentral Valley SchoolClosed

SchoolsChristian Heritage SchoolClosed

SchoolsClinton Central SchoolClosed

SchoolsDolgeville Central SchoolClosed

SchoolsFrankfort-Schuyler SchoolsClosed

SchoolsHerkimer Central SchoolClosed

SchoolsHerkimer County BOCESClosed

SchoolsLittle Falls City SchoolClosed

SchoolsMohawk Valley MontessoriClosed

SchoolsMount Markham Central SchoolClosed

SchoolsNew Hartford Central School2 Hour Delay

SchoolsNew York Mills Schools2 Hour Delay

SchoolsNotre Dame SchoolsClosed

SchoolsOneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES2 Hour Delay

SchoolsOriskany Central SchoolClosed

SchoolsOwen D. Young Central SchoolClosed

SchoolsPoland Central SchoolClosed

SchoolsRemsen Central School2 Hour Delay

SchoolsRichfield Springs Central SchoolClosed

SchoolsSauquoit Valley Central School2 Hour Delay

SchoolsSt. Francis de Sales School, HerkimerClosed

SchoolsUtica Academy of Science2 Hour Delay

SchoolsUtica City School District2 Hour Delay

SchoolsWaterville Central School2 Hour Delay

SchoolsWest Canada Valley CSDClosed

SchoolsWestmoreland Central School2 Hour Delay; No AM Pre-K

SchoolsWhitesboro Central SchoolClosed

Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente has issued a state of emergency in the county due to heavy rain and flooding.

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 10:27 PM
Updated: Nov 1, 2019 12:02 AM
Posted By: WKTV

Oneida and Herkimer counties issued a state of emergency Thursday evening due to heavy rain and flooding. Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente advises no unnecessary travel throughout the county until further notice.

Whitesboro residents from Mohawk Street to Yorkville were instructed to evacuate around 10 p.m. and directed to the Whitesboro Fire Department. The American Red Cross is there to assist those evacuating.

flooding+home.jpg

Oriskany Boulevard and Main Street in Whitesboro were both closed due to flooding.

Several Utica streets are flooded, including:

• Lincoln and Sunset avenues north of Plant Street
  • Genesee Steet between Tracy and Oswego streets
  • Albany Street between Kossuth Avenue and Rutget Street
  • Arterial between Oswego and Court streets
  • Bleecker Street
  • Noyes Street 

Local residents took to social media to report several other flooded areas and closed roadways in and around Utica, including:

• Parts of the Thruway
  • Oriskany Boulevard
  • Parts of Commercial Drive
  • Eastwood Avenue
  • South Street
  • Eagle Street
  • Roberts Road in Sauquoit
  • Lower Mallory Road in Washington Mills
  • Chapman and Kellog roads in New Hartford
  • Mohawk Street in New Hartford
  • Albany Road in New Hartford
  • Route 5 at Dyke Road
  • Route 5S 
  • Route 12
  • Elm Street in Chadwicks
  • Oneida Street in Washington Mills
  • Dix Road in Westmoreland
  • Bush Road in Schuyler
  • Utica Street in Oriskany
  • Corner of Elm and George streets in Rome

Route 28 is closed from Kast Bridge in Herkimer to the village of Poland, and Route 5S is closed from Utica to Frankfort. Route 5 is also closed in the town of Schuyler.

Herkimer County has also issued a no unnecessary travel advisory for the areas of Frankfort, Schuyler, Herkimer, Newport, Norway, Fairfield, Russia and Middleville.

Both Oneida and Herkimer counties are a flash flood warning until 5 a.m. Friday morning. Winds are expected to reach 40-60 mph throughout Central New York until early Friday afternoon.

Residents are also advised to stay clear of areas with standing water as they may contain contaminants.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

hope you enjoy your stay.  Sometimes I make the mistake of looking up the weather in my old hometown ... I spent most of my life in Huntington Beach (if you don’t know that is south of Los Angeles).  Right this Minute it’s 70 and they had a high of 77. That place has incredible weather most of the year. 

Thank - yes, enjoying my stay so far. Weather good, spouse trying to not be too helpful. (She still operates like a walking, talking volume remote regarding my stereo here). 

So things are getting done.

I also get to play electrician and plumber for a couple of hours as home maintenance, like rust, never sleeps. I have been to Huntington Beach; having toured through California a number of times.

That said: Mostly before the people running the large cities there decided to stop imposing  common sense.

Wb

50 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

36 This morning, WHAT??????????

Think we've all been hit with the storms at the beginning of this low pressure system!

Nippy here too, finally looked at the thermometer at 7:30 and it was up to 35 in the shade then. It only got down to 68 inside here but the window was cold when I touched it.

People were on the sidewalk when the squall line hit hard and they scattered around 5pm. Only had two families with kids show up, I guess wet grass is scary for a lot of young-uns😂.

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Think we've all been hit with the storms at the beginning of this low pressure system!

Nippy here too, finally looked at the thermometer at 7:30 and it was up to 35 in the shade then. It only got down to 68 inside here but the window was cold when I touched it.

People were on the sidewalk when the squall line hit hard and they scattered around 5pm. Only had two families with kids show up, I guess wet grass is scary for a lot of young-uns😂.

Humidity dropped to 74%.  It's pretty nice outside.  Should warm up to the mid to upper 50's.

• Like 1

That's nice Carl!

Got no idea what it will be like here except for the clear skies for the first time in a couple of weeks. We got a deluge complete with 45 + mph winds and close by lightning here right before dark so I'd wager the humidity here will stay high unless it warms up.

Just a few little white things flying around this morning.  30 when I went out this morning and only getting in the low 40s today.  Was really blowing here last night and into the early morning, but the wind has laid down and now it's just typical N.E. Ohio gray.  Niece is getting married tomorrow and was originally planning to do it outside, why in November they would plan that in Ohio is beyond me.  I think it's supposed to get in the high 40's tomorrow, but hopefully they will change it to inside. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly cloudy this morning and afternoon with a few snow showers. Cold air settles in with highs only in the mid 20s with windy conditions. The wind chill dips into the teens today. Record cold is expected tonight, with overnight lows in the low teens and single digits!

Partly sunny skies on Wednesday, with highs in the mid 20s.  Cold again Wednesday night, with overnight lows in the single digits.  The weather turns less cold later in the week.  Mostly cloudy on Thursday, with highs in the low 30s.  Mostly cloudy on Friday, with a few light snow showers late.  Highs in the upper 30s.

The weekend looks dry, with sunshine on Saturday and highs near 30.  Temperatures climb back into the upper 40s on Sunday, with mostly sunny skies.  Partly sunny on Monday, with the chance of rain showers.  Highs in the mid 40s.
  • Like 1

Our low was around 52 this morning when I looked out the window at 7a. Lots more rain and 40 by 11a and "their" unseasonably cold of 23 in the morning. Heck when you've seen this many winters 23 is a regular November day but no more.

T-shirts on New Years Day! It's not just for Florida anymore!!