What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

@wuzzzer it's got to be cold for it to pack down instead of turning to slush like around here lately when we get dusted.Looking out from that parking lot reminds me of that goofy, awful Fargo movie!

Well, I'm only about 80 miles from there, so.  😂

-33 right now with the wind chill. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

99% humidity and upper 60's.  The humidity has been stuck on 99% since Saturday.  Sunday we washed a carpet and put it out to dry.  We still can't bring it in the house.

Same here, humid is the key word. I would like to mow the back yard weeds, but it may never dry out. Slushy, and more rain coming Fri and Sat.

-29 C, feels like -36 C (wind chill) and yes we go to work in that, those that have to work!  I have to help daughter try to start her "abandoned" car. She left it outside for 2 days not plugged in so the battery won't start it.  Gonna be fun.

Calgary does get wind.  When I lived in Ft. McMurray we didn't get much and if we did in the winter, ouch ... then it was time to be inside.  But my kids grew up in -30 C and loved the winter.  They learned to drive in those conditions so winter driving it not a problem.  But, daughter has no plug in for parking at work so she's gonna have a problem or perhaps I will trying to start her car.  We'll get enough wind to move the heavy cold air out in the next 3 days and finally get back to warmer temps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Wuzzzer........do folks even try to go to work when it's that cold?

As long as the cars start!

Last winter schools were closed for three days in a row due to the cold.  Wind chills were -60 to -65 during that time.  It's the first time I've seen schools closed that long just because of the cold.

Oddly enough as the morning goes on it's actually getting colder, down to -24 now. 

In this weather you can start your car and run it for 15 minutes and the temperature needle will have barely moved at all. 

• Thanks 2