What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

You've had day after day of that close to 100% down there in TX this week huh? We had all the foggy days, thunderstorms, loads of rain too! Cool wind all day yesterday and low 30s in the 7:00 hour today. Used to be the coldest in the 5:00 hour forever, since that big tsunami it is in the 7-8 hour.

On 1/15/2020 at 4:34 PM, polizzio said:

Get this, 82F right now and 58% humidity. But the weatherman reports winter is not over for us. 29F forecast for next Monday night low.

We will have a swing in temps also in the next few days....50 tomorrow, then down to 10 Saturday night, 8 Sunday night, starting to hate the cold.

• Like 1

Just now, Ceptorman said:

We will have a swing in temps also in the next few days....50 tomorrow, then down to 10 Saturday night, 8 Sunday night, starting to hate the cold.

Your swing is much more aggressive. I cannot remember 10F down here in 45 years. 16/17F yes, and that is far from typical. Christmas eve 1989 (I remember well because we lost the entire refinery abruptly in the wee hours and had a few fires in the units, I was working nights and it was just plum crazy). And I'm in Hammond now and was 17F Dec 8, 2017. It snowed :)

I cannot imagine operating an oil refinery in 10F, but they do it day in and day out. My former employer has a refinery in Detroit MI. MPC....Marathon.

I want no part of < 15F. Stay warm!

@Brenda  Alan Parsons did the mixing on Pink Floyd "Dark Side on the Moon" album. Been listening to Parson for quite some time, but you prompted me to pull down the best of Parsons cd and give it a spin again today.

So how are you enjoying those new CW IVs?  Must be very sweet.

59 minutes ago, Brenda said:

Raining in Pea Ridge Arkansas. Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination playing through the new Cornwall’s! 

I'll bet the vocals on The Raven sound spectacular on those speakers.

46 minutes ago, billybob said:

My most favorite so far by them.

Enjoy your speakers...

I Robot is my favorite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brenda said:

Raining in Pea Ridge Arkansas. Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination playing through the new Cornwall’s! 

Rain is GOOD as is downtime now!  Put those feet up and take it to a new level now that ya have those Cornwall's!  Hit the lounge and check out the Vinyl Record Spinning thread or hit Right This Minute.  We be jammin!  Well kinda maybe IF we can remember what album we were pulling out to play when we get over to the albums.  The struggle is real.  hahaha  Either way enjoy!   :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Temperature finally at 0 after being in the negatives the past few days.  Got about 5 inches of snow Friday into Saturday then winds up to 50mph blowing it all around.

Supposed to be 31 Wednesday.  Might have to break the shorts out. 

Made it through the -35 C time, boy it wasn't fun.  Daughter's car was frozen, would not respond to jump start.  Got towed, warmed up, new battery all is well.  We are back to positive temps now, roads are very messy with lots of melting.  But maybe we are out of the worst of it now.

• Sad 1

You guys would laugh at me being cold when I took the trash out at 6:30 this morning.

It's 60F in the house at nighttime and I went outside in my sweatpants and a tshirt when it was 20F. I've got to tell you that I'm still pretty quick!

• Haha 2

Getting a drizzle. Nothing big and temps will be close to [almost] 60`. A little below normal.  mid 60's is average

Have paperwhites/narcissus blooming. Thought it would be nice to have some flowers in the house. Brought a sprig in and quickly rejected that idea. Musty smelling. Same reason I don't like Stargazer lilies. Remind me of a funeral "home".  I think parlor is is better.  "Home" in conjunction with funeral seems odd.

• Like 1