What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

Think I read they had 135mph winds and called it a bomb cyclone. Need PWK at times like this...... bs, think it's called a post tropical cyclone that far north with snow instead of rain, did it get a name? Cat 4 hurricane up north! Good grief.

Seen one blizzard in my lifetime and I'm glad it went to 40 F the next day. March `04... 28" in the flat spot in the middle of the patio. Had to step on the coffee table to climb out of the sliding glass door `cause around the houses, cars, bushes it was four feet and more deep. Thunder, lightning and 55 mph wind that even hit Cape Hatteras that day!

14 here yesterday morning, didn't break 30, today we will!

• Like 1

My ears popped earlier then the gray sky and 35 made me tell her it looked like snow outside.

We had about 40 minutes of these big goose feather flakes. The saying goes "Big snow, little snow" and conversely yep even with twenties in the early am nothing will stick, but its fun to see in the lower latitudes. I can hear Charlie Daniels peaceful "Carolina" right now!

IMG-20200131-105619.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

My ears popped earlier then the gray sky and 35 made me tell her it looked like snow outside.

We had about 40 minutes of these big goose feather flakes. The saying goes "Big snow, little snow" and conversely yep even with twenties in the early am nothing will stick, but its fun to see in the lower latitudes. I can hear Charlie Daniels peaceful "Carolina" right now!

Funny, a few of my wife's coworkers are in SC and all they could talk about today was the snow.  She was tempted to show them the 3-4" we got this morning but figured that this was a novelty down there, no reason to rain (or snow) on their parade.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

IMG-20200131-105619.jpg

You didn't notice the UFO hovering in your backyard?

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You didn't notice the UFO hovering in your backyard?

Of course I did, it moves pretty slow when the blades aren't moving but it still lights up good:cool:

They're calling for more flurries tonight has not quit raining all day afterwards, man we've got to be the new Seattle of the east.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

isn't that what the PNW is known for?

Like the desert SW getting oppressive amts of sunshine. We can go months w/o precip.  May and June are good for that.

yeah, but for a guy that lived in the SW for most of my life -- this is hard to take and honestly not something that I hope to get used to. 

Right now, it's near my brother's medical care and he still requires treatment from complications of his cancer surgery -- but, if I was on my own, I'd be gone -- and possibly back to the desert. 

I drive to the store and see people jogging or walking their dogs in the rain -- I think they've given up. I'm not saying this is a bad place to live, I've surely seen a lot worse; but I'm also not seeing anything so incredible that it is worth living in this constant state of wet.  The ground off my back porch has NEVER been dry since I've moved here ... seriously, not a single day. 

When I lived in Huntington Beach, I would joke about the weather and the beach and say that is why we pay so much to live there.  I'm still wondering what people see up here that makes all this dreary weather worth it. To make matters worse, from what I'm told, this year isn't unusually different overall. They say January was wetter than normal, but overall this is about what it always is. Gray skies and rain. Local at the Ford dealership told me that the sun will return in April or May. 

• Like 1