What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

I'm from IN... Elkhart

Nice/OK to visit. Wouldn't want to live there. I was up there until Dec 21. I wanted to leave earlier. Family thing. It was 17` when I hit the road. Told myself, I wasn't stopping until it was green and warm. Ran into the Gulf of Mexico and didn't get warm. Rooms on the beach are cheap that time of year. Spent a day fishing off the pier while weather passed.

This part of the SW is pretty moderate. I'm spoiled. Only place the weather was better was Kauai.

• Like 1

we're in for a kick in the butt. Murphy has to have nice weather for the GemShow and then the golf tournament and rodeo.  I see a couple days[Tues/Wed] that we won't break 60. A few year ago they had to delay the golf because of snow. The rodeo goes on no matter the weather. Hurts attendance.  Hard to get us to sit in nasty weather ... sorry

Hit 60 here yesterday, which is a bit crazy.  Think if broke a record or was close.  Rain coming in then that "wintery mix."  Next week back up into the 40's and a bump up to 50 late in the week.  When I quit plowing snow a few years ago I bought a nice BIG Cub Cadet auto-everything blower.  Wondered about global warming at the time but bought it anyway.  8 passes down the drive guiding it.  Happy boy!  Used it twice in 4 years.  Sure looks pretty sittin out there ready to go.  Blech!  ☹️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, polizzio said:

It was snowing in Santa Fe NM a few hours ago. My sister posted a pic on FB, pretty heavy accum. 22F right now there and a snow shower per the WC. 

Was 13F this morning here in Albuquerque. Currently 8F in Santa Fe

• Like 3

There is nothing quite like leaving the house at 11:30 a.m. being at the boulevard a quarter mile away and seeing the sky turn black and it getting dark as night then step outside and the wind is blowing up from the ground off the parking lot enough to make my three-quarter inch hair blow. That was after the tornado warning so the air was rising and racing towards my neighborhood course I drove home if I hadn't driven that way a thousand times in my life I would not have been able to go I couldn't see past the end of the hood and yeah I'm talking all this into my phone so no punctuation but geez glad we didn't get hit there must have been rotation still in the air the way the updraft was but damn too much rain.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

There is nothing quite like leaving the house at 11:30 a.m. being at the boulevard a quarter mile away and seeing the sky turn black and it getting dark as night then step outside and the wind is blowing up from the ground off the parking lot enough to make my three-quarter inch hair blow. That was after the tornado warning so the air was rising and racing towards my neighborhood course I drove home if I hadn't driven that way a thousand times in my life I would not have been able to go I couldn't see past the end of the hood and yeah I'm talking all this into my phone so no punctuation but geez glad we didn't get hit there must have been rotation still in the air the way the updraft was but damn too much rain.

They had a couple tornadoes do some destruction in LA or MS yesterday. A product of that storm front moving east.

Lil bit of snow this morning when I rolled out.  Now?  Windy and blowing snow.  Supposed to hit a bit harder up along the North Coast and Lake Erie.  Southern part of "the heart of it all is rain."  My mail "person" just drove by an hour ahead of schedule so my buddy must be on vaca or off.  New kids are always ahead of schedule!  Haven't mellowed out yet!  Never know I was retired and pathetically worthless would ya?  Timing the mail delivery now.   Go figure.  😂

• Haha 2