What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

They had a couple tornadoes do some destruction in LA or MS yesterday. A product of that storm front moving east.

Yep my whole life here it is rare that we get any precip without it coming through y'all from the gulf. You guys get the nasty stuff and it has dwindled before it gets here most of the time. Once in the 70s then once in the mid 80s there were those days when hundreds of twisters were reported in the south- southeast.

It was in the early 80s I was across the Buford Hwy from Peachtree/DeKalb airport in Chamblee (Doraville🎶) and saw a twister toss single and twin engine planes up into the air and around in circles. Another time in the 90s one hit Cocoa FL we heard one at a distance, me and my rott-n-pit went on the front porch the hair along his spine stood straight up then my hair did and we went inside again. It was a mile away where it touched down.

Wasn't it Auburn that got it bad last year by a BIG one?

* Well ten degress more normal for us after being at 70 for a few days @grasshopper

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, Ron E said:

Cold, and rainy today in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

We were visiting my sister down there two years ago around this time.  Fortunately we had beautiful weather the majority of the time. 

18 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

retired and pathetically worthless

describes me to a "T". Telling the wife that I have 2 lifetimes worth of projects staring at me..... before I get to do something for fun. Doing housework and blasting Bridge of Sighs, for the neighbors' entertainment.

Still a bit fresh to start my outdoor things.  Normal temps today. Mid 60's and plenty of sun. Might water the garden. It's been a month. We're showing signs of, either frost bite or needing some water.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I guess you got the cold that bit us? It was in the teens [as low temp] for two days here. That qualifies as cold for us. It happens every few years

A couple years ago (12-8-17) it dropped down to 15F here and my exterior wall mounted gas fired tankless water heater inlet froze up early in the morning sometime. Noticed when I woke up and no hot water flow to wash hands and face.  I was out there with my electric heat gun and got it flowing again in like 5-10 minutes. 

So note to self going forward: overnight temps < 20F, put a heat lamp on it or run a little hot water stream. Which doesn't happen very often down here anyways.

• Like 2

Still chilly outside at 46 but that wind that has blow-dried everything makes it feel cold after noon here today. Looks like storms coming back it's dark towards the west. Haven't looked but I'd bet there is snow towards the mtns right now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MyOwn said:

25 degrees, grey and I think cold. This isn't cold as it "is still above zero"

but damn the chill is there...To think as a kid I used to play in this stuff 🤣

I think we went out at our folks' "suggestion". Our house was not big and there are 4 of us kids. This was before TV offered much... 4 channels. Transistor radios were high tech.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I think we went out at our folks' "suggestion". Our house was not big and there are 4 of us kids. This was before TV offered much... 4 channels. Transistor radios were high tech

LOL...Yes to all of it

7 kids here, 2 bedrooms for the kids...Ahh, cbs abc and nbc on regular channels PBS above regular

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Snowed for three hours but didn't stick at 35... it was nice to see instead of rain:happy:

I'm sick of the rain. I think we've had one or two days in the past six weeks without rain. Sun came out for a minute or two this morning, but I guess it saw its shadow and retreated.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Supermoon was a bust last night, only a sliver, now don't think we'll see the stars for another week. We've had about five days since last year without rain and might catch up with you NW folks soon.

I may check tonight, but we're in perpetual overcast mode her in the Pacific Northwest. 

• Sad 1