What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

@grasshopper  Youngest get's her Master's in May so I'm slipping out that way for a few weeks prolly June or July.  I get 4" up this way it's gonna have to be pretty bad for me to get that big snow blower out at this point.  Downhill slide now into spring.  Well maybe!  I can hole up w/the best of them!  😂

@rockhound I''d loan you my flip flops, shade and sunscreen but I don't think you're ready quite yet.  lol  Never know about Ohio this time of the year.  It get's totally nuts weather wise.  60's one day then 40's the next w/rain.  That just makes it feel like it's in the 30's  I hope the neighbor stays in Panama til after the first nice day we have with a nice wind outta the East (which is rare).  Then I get my blower out and blow all HIS leaves in my yard up in the air and smirk watching them go back to his "woods" across the street.  Yea, that's the way I roll  :)

Gotta suit up and go get a haircut.  Play nice!  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

yep... the weather up there is, ummmmm....  variable

@Dave1290,

you're headed to the Phoenix metro....  it gonna be warm. Might cool down to 90. I suggest you go to Pinetop/ShowLow....up the MogollonRim, into the pine trees. That's one thing about Phoenix, it's central to every place you would rather be...

I'm not an urban type at all. Proudly "hill folk"

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, grasshopper said:

don't wanna be out in a small boat

Where's your sense of adventure man.

read today that some of the Great Lakes are going to have 20 footers.  I've been on Lake Michigan in a fall storm where swells were 20' -- we were rocking and rolling for sure. fun times. 

34 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

read today that some of the Great Lakes are going to have 20 footers.  I've been on Lake Michigan in a fall storm where swells were 20' -- we were rocking and rolling for sure. fun times. 

Just got off our local lake after checking ice thickness for some possible ice-sailing action.

Current temperature was 24 degrees, winds North at 15-20, gusts to 25+.

Ice is smooth as a baby's a$$ yet only 4" thick.

Who's up for a 60+mph ride.......with NO motor, and NO brakes???  Just good old clean fun !

IMG_3178.jpg.31a2de65eea2a839778a3a472371e9d3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I saw those 20 foot waves on 'World News Tonight' with David Muir. Is that what sank the Edmund Fitzgerald in '75? I know, wrong lake, huh? Hope you got warmed up after that adventure. When I got up at 5:00am this morning it was 42 degrees here in Land O Lakes, FL. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, usnret70-90 said:

I saw those 20 foot waves on 'World News Tonight' with David Muir. Is that what sank the Edmund Fitzgerald in '75? I know, wrong lake, huh? Hope you got warmed up after that adventure.

nearly as big -- think the fitzgerald's were 25' -- but been on lake superior as well.

3 hours ago, usnret70-90 said:

I saw those 20 foot waves on 'World News Tonight' with David Muir. Is that what sank the Edmund Fitzgerald in '75? I know, wrong lake, huh? Hope you got warmed up after that adventure. When I got up at 5:00am this morning it was 42 degrees here in Land O Lakes, FL. 

Enjoy...

• Like 1