What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I've already told the story of me blowing my nose, rustic style, in -25`, and having it swing up, hit my glasses and freeze into a little rainbow... I am familiar with cold weather. Choose to not subject myself to it.  If it weren't for the hurricane potential in FL, I would consider it.  We are not subject to big weather. Our bad weather is too much sun.

LOL!! I still occasionally do the rustic style nose blow...........and my wife has broken me of doing it in a restaraunt.🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

you can get dinner while you're drinking cheap happy hour... learn where the pu-pu's are. I/we used to go to seminars in Honolulu. The one guy knew the what/when/where.

I used to know all the "right" places. The only one I remember is a club called "The Lollipop". The dancers there were really dolled up and absolutely beautiful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

...if you remember it, you weren't there

I just got one of my Cruise Books out from the 70's and was looking through it. I can assure you, I was there. I now look at those dancers and don't quite find them as attractive now. OMG!!

Just thinking......I joined the military 50 years ago!!! I don't feel anywhere near that old.

21 minutes ago, billybob said:

That is a PT serious snow blower.

Down here we would repurpose

the mower.

Welcome! We will have hotter weather soon enough. At least on the coast we have the breeze helping somewhat with the humidity...

I just love that breeze when the temps are up. I don't care how warm it gets. Anything is better than living in the cold.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, usnret70-90 said:

During my career in the Navy, I made several WestPac cruises aboard the carrier Ranger. Hawaii was my absolute favorite place to visit. I almost always stayed at the Ft Derussy Hotel in Honolulu. Drinks were very inexpensive there and I pounded down a lot before heading out into town. Thant was a long time ago and I don't even kknow if it's still there.

It's the Hale Koa, and it's nice, and still as popular as ever.  Rates are according to rank, the higher the rank the more you pay, but it is stiil a real bargain.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, usnret70-90 said:

I just love that breeze when the temps are up. I don't care how warm it gets. Anything is better than living in the cold.

If in Florida, it is just as well...lol

I prefer cooler being native.May be quite natural would suppose... enjoy.

• Like 1

Wonder how @dirtmudd is holding up after that "firehose" weather phenom that hit up his way.  Gonna have to nose a bit I guess.  Couple inches here and cold but that's normal.  Seems as though the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a major snow storm here in March.  Who know and who cares!  Hit the grocery last nite and reloaded then slipped in for 'Jam Night" at the bar.  Had my hearing aid in my right pocket (just in case some hottie wanted to talk.  That always turns 'em on watching you put it on,)  lol  Got home and it wasn't in my pocket.  Sooo back to Kroger and the bar parking lot w/my mini mag light looking.  Nada.  Went into the bar and yup I got lucky.  On the floor to the side of the doorway.  I wasn't in a panic or anything looking.  hahahaha  So yea, cold and typical garbage here!  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Wonder how @dirtmudd is holding up after that "firehose" weather phenom that hit up his way.  Gonna have to nose a bit I guess.  Couple inches here and cold but that's normal.  Seems as though the Farmer's Almanac is calling for a major snow storm here in March.  Who know and who cares!  Hit the grocery last nite and reloaded then slipped in for 'Jam Night" at the bar.  Had my hearing aid in my right pocket (just in case some hottie wanted to talk.  That always turns 'em on watching you put it on,)  lol  Got home and it wasn't in my pocket.  Sooo back to Kroger and the bar parking lot w/my mini mag light looking.  Nada.  Went into the bar and yup I got lucky.  On the floor to the side of the doorway.  I wasn't in a panic or anything looking.  hahahaha  So yea, cold and typical garbage here!  :)

One hour northwest of me...

Weather here cold and windy.... With a couple of inches of snow...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, grasshopper said:

it's all relative.  After -25`, +25` IS warm. No coat, a flannel shirt is fine

Exactly...25 feels lovely after the last few months up here, and come November, 25 will feel frigid for a few days until we adjust.  Meanwhile in the summer, we'll still have 90+ days with high humidity and lots of thunderstorms.  Actually looking forward to that adjustment :D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...