What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

56 Right now going to 76 today, they say 83 by the end of the week. This is much better than the high 80's over the last 1.5 weeks, since summer is coming.

Β 

.Β 

I have been wanting to tell you this. I just love that saying at the bottom of your posts. That will be me, when I go. Thanks!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't remember where I seen it, it's been there a long time, it seemed to fit since I never exactly took care of myself. The other was from someone here who let be use it, he is no longer with us physically. Thank you

Β 

• Like 1

I joined the Navy at age 18. My first eight years were very wild. I served aboard a ship in Yokosuka, Japan for almost six years and then was stationed in Subic Bay, Philippines for two years. It was a great time, with great friends and lots of heavy duty partying. I miss some of those days, just not the drugs and drinking till 4:00am every day. Must be why I have a hard time remembering what day of the week it is anymore. I'll just stick with my daily favorite: Blue Saphire Gin Martini, very dry and three olives up.πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

• Like 1

Looking up around here temp wise.Β  40's at night and warming up into the 60's this weekend and hangin thru next week.Β  Fertilizer is kickin in so the yard's greening and my fat butt will be on the Cub Cadet cruisin soon.Β  Social distancing will be no problemo.Β  Might even get the blower out and get a couple tons of the neighbors leaves outta the bushes.Β  He spent the winter in Panama and just got back last week.Β  Gotta love a man with a plan.Β  Grrrrrrrrr!Β  IF he'd just take care of his yard before he left I'd be happy.Β  I swear I'd just love to call a tree service and have a few of those big oaks taken down while he's gone next year.Β Β Β Β πŸ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

Looking up around here temp wise.Β  40's at night and warming up into the 60's this weekend and hangin thru next week.Β  Fertilizer is kickin in so the yard's greening and my fat butt will be on the Cub Cadet cruisin soon.Β  Social distancing will be no problemo.Β  Might even get the blower out and get a couple tons of the neighbors leaves outta the bushes.Β  He spent the winter in Panama and just got back last week.Β  Gotta love a man with a plan.Β  Grrrrrrrrr!Β  IF he'd just take care of his yard before he left I'd be happy.Β  I swear I'd just love to call a tree service and have a few of those big oaks taken down while he's gone next year.Β Β Β Β πŸ˜‚

Maybe next year, after he travels south again, drop all his trees. Then cut the wood up and stack it neatly next to his house. Then proceed to tell him about the terrible storm which you had there and it blew all his trees down, which you cleaned up. Oh yeah, you mightΒ want to use a stump grinder to hide the evidence.

• Haha 2

Trust me I'd love to have them dropped and hauled away.Β  Give 'em the lumber!Β  Down side of that is his wife's sister lives right around the corner of the oval and watches the house while they're gone.Β  They're out walking around and driving their cars on nice days.Β  9 huge oaks and a hickory tree.Β  The oak directly across the street is prolly 40-50' high.Β  Sucks to be me!Β  :)

• Like 1

We had 89 one day last week, got to wash the car fist time in a month or so. Then rain again but Monday in low 70s... cut the grass. Pictorial diagrams until Sat. had the dark gray and diagonal rain. We got drizzle twice yesterday and low 60s for a high after I manually edged the 150 ft of curb.Β 

Β 

Lots of sunshine today, still got my sweatshirt on from earlier but up to 56 now at lunchtime.

Β 

No jets overhead

traffic like it's 1970 and the population is half of what it is

Β 

Β 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

MORE SNOW TONIGHT...BUT AN END IN SIGHTΒ 

WKTV+County+Labels12.jpg
Β 

Widespread accumulating snow is expected tonight across Central New York.

Posted: Apr 17, 2020 5:03 PM
Posted By: Bill KardasΒ 
Β 

Here we go again. It's been a very active week of winter weather, even though it's spring. The climax of winter weather this week happens tonight, with widespread steady snowfall across the region. For those that are tired of the snow and cold, there is some good news in the forecast.

First, we're tracking snow approaching the area this Friday evening. Snow breaks out from south to north between 6-8pm this evening. Snow becomes steady after midnight. We do expect pretty tricky travel for folks heading out late tonight or early Saturday morning. Conditions will improve quickly after the snow ends Saturday morning (8-11am). Here's a look at the accumulation expected over the area:

Β 

snowfall.jpg

The sun makes a return to the region on Saturday afternoon, with temperatures climbing into the upper 40s. Any leftover snow will be gone by Sunday, with highs climbing into the mid to upper 50s! The next round of rain looks to be late Sunday.

Looking ahead another round of cold air returns on Tuesday and Wednesday. Some snowfall is expected Tuesday, but Wednesday does look dry. The weather looks to warm up beginning on Thursday. Temperatures look to climb back into the 50s. Long range patterns show even warmer temperatures around for next weekend and beyond

• Sad 1