What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

5 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I'm in Uranus ny.. Whoops Utica

used to have a forum pal in utica.  several years ago he left the forum and hasn't returned. he worked graveyard shift so he was on the forum when I was on in the west coast evenings. he was a good dude.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

No worries, I think you can take him. :emotion-21:

was walking through this shopping area of a port city once and accidentally bumped into an old lady. She wasn't very happy that I bumped into her. My friend looks at me and says, "Don't worry, I think you can take her."

• Haha 1

82 degrees  outside right now(9:48am). Highs expected to be in the low 90's by this afternoon. Pool temp is currently 80 and will be feeling quite nice later on while having my afternoon martini. Actually it's a Quarantini. It's a regular Martini but, you drink it all alone in your house.

• Like 1

Triple digits today in my little slice of the valley uv da sun. 100 degrees, with a forecast of hotter in the next few days.

Tried to register a newly purchased vehicle today. Usually only takes an hour or so here. MVD had been closed for three days to implement new hardware and software. Went to the local office. Coved strikes again. They are seeing customers by appt. only, and no same day appt available. Had to go to a third party service provider. Four hours and two trips to the provider later, mission accomplished. Good thing the new-to-me vehicle has a good AC unit. ('09 Honda Fit, five speed manual. Much more nimble and economical than the five speed Toyota Tundra pickup which will now see duty on weekend kayak trips and church clean up days.)

• Like 2

Spent some time in the big closet last night, surrounded by heavy winter stuff on one side in an old oak school chair with her in her wheelchair with the walker in front to fortify things. Seriously brought in throw pillows too. Three different tornado warnings in two hours.

First was the most violent weather with the constant lightning, hail and serious updraft like 35 or 40 mph lifting the red maple strings and helicopters off the ground and pulling them up and towards the west. Yea I went on the back porch for about three seconds and came back in to verify that it was near. Pretty sure that was over an inch of rain in ten minutes or less.

Other two it just got windy and downpours happened here.

We get weather warnings from SC even wuhan bug SC warnings and SC is twenty minutes down the highway.

Normally nws doesn't tell us there's an issue until after it's over, not this year so far!

Thanks to our Android phones we've been getting timely notifications since the previous warning in Feb.

Largest metro area in the USA without a NWS station here!

Like to know where the money trail on that BS goes.

• Like 2