What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

21 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Finally broke 70 today.  Took the hardtop off the wife's Wrangler and went for a nice drive before we put the soft top on for the season. 

hit 78 here yesterday, pretty nice.  we were out on the front porch until 2am, enjoying the mild weather before the skeeters come out.

• Like 2

Supposed to hit the mid to upper 80's here in the PNW towards the end of the week. That's very warm for here in general and waaay warm for this time of year. I love it. But I'm an expat surfer dude from '70's Ca.  I need the sun. If it's over 60-65 and sunny around here a lot of people go into hiding (which we're already doing!)  Too hot!  After a sunny 50 degree day, we break out the shorts and flip flops. It's kind of weird, really. But after the fall and winter , it doesn't take much to get us excited.

Warm, some might even say hot and sunny.  About 95 degrees. And yes @grasshopper the vegetation is drying out. Must keep up at cutting it down. I still predict a cool down of some sort and return of marine influence. Lived here a long time, never seen a May without some gray and a June without some gloom.

Killed a rattlesnake last evening that refused to go peaceably. 4 rattles working on a fifth.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2020 at 7:45 PM, BigStewMan said:

isn’t that strange, there have been many times, in the desert when it’s boiling hot, and i got a chill -- just for a second mind you, but a chill when it’s 100+ is weird.

Especially towards the end of 'your' day. If you are starting to tire then a small change in temp can feel drastic. After windsurfing in the Gorge, it may still be 90+ degrees but, even dry, if you're tired you are going to feel a chill more. And age has a bearing on this, also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

return of marine influence

no marine influence here. We do get some Army and NationalGuard... the AirForce makes thunder... Wet?  Not really. 105` in Tucson. R/H is in single digits. Below 50` this AM.

I did fill the "pool". Afraid to get in... errrrr,,, getting out. That 100`+ and chill thing.

• Like 1

Had some mid 80s days last week here a few storms too. Last few it has cooled down since the weekend storm, high topped 70 for the first time this week but we got our evening thunderstorm like it had been 95 all day again. Got all the bushes around the house trimmed except the bay laurel at the picture window in the back... can't be on that ladder in the rain!

• Like 1

supposed to be 85 this weekend ... but don’t go outside and enjoy it. actually, the governor opened some parks yesterday, but is requiring masks.  Hard to figure out why we can go into a crowded grocery store without a mask, but one is required outside in a park.

• Moderators

Very cool for us, 49 for a low tonight and only 78 tomorrow, will probably do some yard work while it's cool.

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Hard to figure out why we can go into a crowded grocery store without a mask, but one is required outside in a park

It's a governor thing, it's not made to make sense most of the time and were not smart enough to figure it out. That's the story and there sticking to it. 

• Like 1

Seattle-ish area is now forecast for the high 70's to low 80's this weekend. Cooler than originally posted. Today is nice and sunny. It's 60 now on it's way to about 70. Then the warm up starts. I'm fortunate to have a big deck in back where I can isolate if need be in the sun. It's been nice to have relatively clear skies at night for the Eta Aquarid shower and that last huge full moon. We usually miss the meteor showers due to overcast conditions. Or at least I do.

52 cold and rainy where I'm at. Guess its better than 32 with snow.

Looks like tomorrow will be sunny and 57, Saturday is cloudy and 60, Sunday is windy and 55

There goes my three day weekend lol, not that I was going anywhere 🍻