What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

• Moderators

Clear and sunny, 75 right now going to 80, 85 by the midweek, 42% humidity plus a 20% chance of rain one day toward the end of the week.

Cool for May which is good the heat will be here soon enough.

After prognosticating the weekend would be hot, and then amending the forecast to say... not so hot... it ultimately was quite hot in the PNW for Mother's day. Original mid to upper 80's changed to upper 70's to low 80's. But we ended up in the very upper 80's for both days. The smell of quarantined bbq's reopening was nice. I reopened mine also.

Back to a more normal spring in the next few days. An early blooming spring here so I can save on some water that the lawn already needs. Could be a bad drought year here. The signs already look bleak.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

El Nino.

But had some nice fishing off the SoCal coast during an El Nino year. Yellowtails were everywhere except on my fishing line.  Took my kids (who were rather young at the time). My youngest wanted to bring her neon pink kid's fishing pole. I told her that we were going out on the ocean and needed one of my fishing poles. She really wanted her kid one, so I figured that I'd let her be happy. She was the first one on the boat to catch a fish and it was a nice Yellowtail. I had to help her reel it in and it took a while, but we landed it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

But had some nice fishing off the SoCal coast during an El Nino year. Yellowtails were everywhere except on my fishing line.  Took my kids (who were rather young at the time). My youngest wanted to bring her neon pink kid's fishing pole. I told her that we were going out on the ocean and needed one of my fishing poles. She really wanted her kid one, so I figured that I'd let her be happy. She was the first one on the boat to catch a fish and it was a nice Yellowtail. I had to help her reel it in and it took a while, but we landed it. 

I'll say you did! And Yellowfin Tuna was not too far out for a long day trip too. Poke baby! Last time I was down a friend had a bbq full of yellowtail. Soo good.

The currents that hold the tuna came very close to shore in SoCal and Mexico. Wish I were there!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KlipschFish said:

I'll say you did! And Yellowfin Tuna was not too far out for a long day trip too. Poke baby! Last time I was down a friend had a bbq full of yellowtail. Soo good.

The currents that hold the tuna came very close to shore in SoCal and Mexico. Wish I were there!

brother in law lives down in San Diego area and has a boat. his freezer has been known to be stocked with Tuna. Caught one once that I believe it was in the hundreds of pounds. I saw the photo and this thing was HUGE. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

Lawn mowing sunbreaks in between showers again. The grass grows amazingly fast right now in the PNW. Hard to keep up.

I have the greatest crop of dandelions you ever saw and they are so resilient. Cut them down and two days later they all came back.

JJK

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, oldtimer said:

They are edible, enjoy.  Plus rabbits like them too.  It is fun to watch them bite off a flower stem at the base and then chew the whole thing straight up to the flower and then in a flash it is all gone.

All the rabbits were scared away by dogs. The coyotes and the foxes eat them. Well something does, maybe it's the Eagles. I haven't seen one in maybe 15 years. What ever they use for lawn treatment  wipes the dandelions out for a couple of years but I am too cheap to use it.

JJK

2 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

All the rabbits were scared away by dogs. The coyotes and the foxes eat them. Well something does, maybe it's the Eagles. I haven't seen one in maybe 15 years. What ever they use for lawn treatment  wipes the dandelions out for a couple of years but I am too cheap to use it.

JJK

Whatever that is, it is bad for the water supply.  I would rather have non-polluted water and dandelions in the yard.  Dandelions are not native to the Americas, having been introduced from Europe, but they darn sure are adaptable!  There are much worse invasive plants.

Nearly 2 inches of rain which was wet snow just north of the city, and will keep going until late tomorrow. Good day for reading.

If I wasn’t doing AFM (alcohol free May) I’d be having scotch tonight!