What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

On 5/20/2020 at 7:45 PM, JJkizak said:

I have the greatest crop of dandelions you ever saw and they are so resilient. Cut them down and two days later they all came back.

JJK

They make some great Dandelion 🍷 wine.

• Like 1

Currently 84 degrees and cloudy. Yesterday was 93 and a wonderful day to relax in the pool which was 85 degrees. The pool will get warmer as we head into summer but, if the pool temperature gets much higher,  then it becomes less than ideal. On the other hand, my wife thinks the water should be around 104 all the time.

• Like 1

Fantastic thunderstorms west of the Cascades today in Or and Wa states. We don't get many big boomers. One almost knocked a RS-7 off my wall. Steady, early morning rain has turned to showers before it (supposedly) ramps up again. Almost 20 degrees colder than the last 2 days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

Fantastic thunderstorms west of the Cascades today in Or and Wa states. We don't get many big boomers. One almost knocked a RS-7 off my wall. Steady, early morning rain has turned to showers before it (supposedly) ramps up again. Almost 20 degrees colder than the last 2 days.

Strong low pressure storm will do that with the temps. It doesn't have to be a TS or Hurricane although they really do it in a severe manner like mid 90s all week, then when raining before it hit and the day after Hugo it was in the 60s here.

• Like 1

Hey @grasshopper we've got 81 according to my phone and right now it matches the thermometer outside. Dusk right now. 

It was warm and humid with everything being wet and the sunshine changing that to gas. Took my shirt off outside for the first time in probably 20 years, know I shocked the neighbors with my lack of a 40 yr old physique and a tan! Tomorrow the sit-ups and pushups start along with at least walking a mile or so. Can't stand it, thinking about that Alan Parsons song when he's talking about his ex or something "Your jeans are tight but your hide is slack"

June the First Resolution: Make me able to cut the yard in a max 1.5 hrs again It's 1/4 acre of lawn, when I was a teen I could do it in an hour and there wasn't a rock-lot or more natural areas.

Well....I'm only 5'9" and 155 solid as a rock for years. Then 20 years not working, yea painters are strong when doing commercial work for a while. Ladders, buckets, spray rigs, pressure washers. six stories up in new construction or just spraying all day long.

Found an old book says about ten minutes a day remember she used to do these back in the 70s. Calisthenics. 

IMG-20200530-211452.jpg

• Like 2

I was a hoddie for a summer. Funny as. When I would get home from work, I couldn't get my arms to relax from the bulldog position.  Mind you, I still only weighed 130lb.  I have always been fit and active.  Swam competitively when I was a kid.  You can't tell by looking.  I think about it... the games we used to play, you had to be in shape. Ditch 'em on bicycles, football, volleyball... Our "sled" was a car hood, from something big.... in the mid 60's everything was big... Get that puppy back up the hill....

• Like 3

Wow and I'm imagining Uncle Bills duece and a quarter a 1970 I think, that Buick was one of the biggest cars I've ever ridden in!

And the oven y'all were talking about earlier? An always Turtle waxed `72 Great White Buffalo (Impala) that we fried an egg on one day when I was a kid... it slid right off but no one would eat it!

• Haha 2

I always thought a good marrying of things would be

Go a gym... where people pay good $$ to work out

I have lots of good hard exercise around here... Cutting, raking, fencing .... and I will gladly take $$ from people who want to work out.

...in the meanwhile, I do it and try to keep in shape

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I was a hoddie for a summer. Funny as. When I would get home from work, I couldn't get my arms to relax from the bulldog position.  Mind you, I still only weighed 130lb.  I have always been fit and active.  Swam competitively when I was a kid.  You can't tell by looking.  I think about it... the games we used to play, you had to be in shape. Ditch 'em on bicycles, football, volleyball... Our "sled" was a car hood, from something big.... in the mid 60's everything was big... Get that puppy back up the hill....

I spent part of my youth living in the desert. Can’t believe that it would be well over 100 degrees and we’d be out playing baseball for hours. Our bodies were young enough to endure that. never wore sunscreen either ... i’ve got an olive complexion thanks to being predominantly Azorean, so in the sun, i get very dark.

• Like 3