What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

I've got that Scottish clan then English heritage so I've always got burned to a crisp until ten years in FL had a decent tan for the first time ever. And sunscreen always. Know what you're talking about with the Mediterranean kind of complexion with all the Greeks and Italians I've known. 

• Like 2

Cool here today and I think I hit the yard w/a bit too much fertilizer.  Hit it w/the crabgrass preventer/fert the first part of May then followed up w/the weed n feed a couple weeks later.  Mowed Thursday and have to hit it again today.  Then a trip around w/the lawn sweeper for the clippings with no where to put it.  Trimming the bushes on both ends of the house next week so have to save the xtra garbage cans for that.  How the heck can bushes grow 2 feet since last summer?  Yea, quite a bit of rain but this is nuts!  May as well get it started before the temps start going up again.  Yea, it's true fat people sweat a lot.  Sucks to be me!  Time to git er done!  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

It's going to be a hot summer in Minnesota.  90 on June 1st!

Screenshot_20200601-161843_Weather.jpg

Decades ago, i was driving through Minnesota one August. Noticed smoke coming out of my a/c vents. alarmed till i realized it was due to the high humidity and the a/c on high. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Decades ago, i was driving through Minnesota one August. Noticed smoke coming out of my a/c vents. alarmed till i realized it was due to the high humidity and the a/c on high. 

It does get a bit humid here in the summer. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

First time  I visited Georgia  , The weather was 100 outside  and it felt like 110 , it was like living in a sauna , but ,  happily , the ice cream they make  was way better than the ice cream back East -

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Wow! A 98 year old Jeep. The horn must be getting kind of weak.

JJK

4 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

My wife's Jeep says it was 98 yesterday.  Humidity at 43%.  Felt like a steam bath. 

It just saying it's 98 would have shocked me, Wuzzer if 43% felt like a steam bath do not come down here, you might pass out, 43 is on the low side for us.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

To those under the west coast heat/high pressure dome... stay cool if you can. Victoria yesterday was 36 Celsius... about 97 F... ouch. This is day 3, at least one more to go per forecast. Trying to keep family, puppy and cat all cool... shade, breeze and basement with a lot of liquids and cold meals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MC39693 said:

To those under the west coast heat/high pressure dome... stay cool if you can. Victoria yesterday was 36 Celsius... about 97 F... ouch. This is day 3, at least one more to go per forecast. Trying to keep family, puppy and cat all cool... shade, breeze and basement with a lot of liquids and cold meals.

I found that a spray bottle with cold water and sparse clothing, along with cool around the neck area helpful.

@Schu I was in Vegas once for 114... ouch. Stay inside is all I can say!

@billybob yes to all your suggestions... lots of water splashes. Puppy is living in basement, cat is hiding under our bed. Humans are anywhere it’s a few degrees cooler. Might go to a mall, just for the AC. I don’t like AC but could use a bit right about now.

one side effect... they have closed Covid clinics for being too hot. My second shot is scheduled for next Sunday, hope they are open!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

Rained all day , yesterday in Quebec -NY-Vermont Lake Champlain area -today  -30C -86F -