What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Good luck with it @dirtmudd!  Going to hole up here for a few days too.  This is the same way the blizzard of '78 happened in Ohio.  60 degrees the day before then the front hammered us.  Stay safe!  

site-logo

Next Up
NEXT UP
Washington's NFL team unveils new name as Commanders
Washington's NFL team unveils new name as Commanders

The new name was unveiled 18 months after the once-storied f…

Punxsutawney Phil predicts six more weeks of winter

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Park in a garage or have an engine block heater.

When I was in Thule Greenland for a year at -40F for six months they would put kerosene in the radiators, a plywood sheet in front of the radiator or the engine would never warm up, battery heater, head heater, plastic stick um sheets on the inside of the windows as the defrosters were useless, when parked outside never shut the engine off or it will never start again, 4 wheel drive is mandatory as the grease freezes the wheel bearings and it takes 1/4 mile to unlock them, transmission fluid into all the differentials, and chains on all four wheels. These chains would occasionally let go at 50 mph on sand covered ice roads and leave shrapnel holes in the fenders.

JJK

• Like 2

Looks like about 6" down now, drives plowed shut, 23 degrees and it's expected to put down about an inch an hour this afternoon.  Then 40mph winds.  Interesting  :)  Wait and hit it or hit it today and again in the morning or let it go.  Think I'll play it safe and break out that blower and git-er- done in a while.  Zero traffic tells me that the morons MIGHT have smartened up.  

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 9:37 AM, Dave1291 said:

Good luck with it @dirtmudd!  Going to hole up here for a few days too.  This is the same way the blizzard of '78 happened in Ohio.  60 degrees the day before then the front hammered us.  Stay safe!  

Yup! I lived through that one in SW Ohio! The weatherman said we were getting a dusting of snow but wound up with 14-inches. Temps went down to -25F with wind chill down to -50F.

• Like 1

Here in the Piney Woods of East Texas it is 28 degrees and dropping. We've gotten 2.05 inches of rain since yesterday afternoon with a light mixture of sleet today. I don't see any ice forming on the trees and no icicles at this time. Our County Road doesn't appear to have any ice on the surface, but that will probably change as the temperature continues to drop. I think it is supposed to get down to 20 degrees tonight with a high of 34 degrees tomorrow.

Our main concern is power outages!

Think I might crank up the fireplace before long!

• Like 1