What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

The major part of the garbage is thru here.  Flurries today but not much of that.  -3 tonight they say but the heat wave is on for Sunday.  30's maybe.  Had 11 inches here total.  Out yesterday w/the new blower and it cut thru everything like butter.  Impressed me.  That racing fuel should do the trick @dirtmudd.  Go get it!  lol

Went to a friend's house today who is out of town to bring in their mail and check on their cats.  They have a circle turnaround driveway in the back of their house.  I didn't realize that with all the wind we've had lately that the snow had massively drifted over back there.

Well, despite my Jeep having snow mode, 4wd Low and rear axle locker I got buried.  $95.56 later the tow truck pulled me out.   🙄

58 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Went to a friend's house today who is out of town to bring in their mail and check on their cats.  They have a circle turnaround driveway in the back of their house.  I didn't realize that with all the wind we've had lately that the snow had massively drifted over back there.

Well, despite my Jeep having snow mode, 4wd Low and rear axle locker I got buried.  $95.56 later the tow truck pulled me out.   🙄

That's what gets a Jeep stuck---sitting on the frame instead of the wheels. You need a winch.

JJK

26 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

That's what gets a Jeep stuck---sitting on the frame instead of the wheels. You need a winch.

JJK

Only problem with that was I needed to go in reverse.  There was no way I could go forward anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not to worry until it gets to -40F. Then you put a piece of plywood in front of the radiator to let the car engine heat up. Drain the radiator and fill it up with kerosene which won't freeze. Use as many block heaters and battery heaters you can strap on. Carry a benzine torch to thaw out the wheel bearings. Install those stickum plastic windows on the inside of your car windows because your defroster wont work in -40F. Chains on all 4 wheels. If you don't have 4 wheel/all wheel drive set your car on fire and buy a new one that does.

JJK

• Like 1