The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

A few people were growing peppers and oldtimer sell sauce, it is very good, Carl grows and also Jimjimbo, not sure who else, maby JohnJ.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

A few people were growing peppers and oldtimer sell sauce, it is very good, Carl grows and also Jimjimbo, not sure who else, maby JohnJ.

hmm, sounds like I need to make some new friends :D 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Shaun K said:

so what's this I read up above about a pepper crop?  I've got a couple ferments going now but could use some more supplies this year.  Is that oldtimer and JohnJ?

Like dtel said @oldtimer is the pro hot sauce meister, and @jimjimbo probably too, he has had some mouthwatering pics of his potted peppers to show us the last year!

Me?... nah can't eat too many of them especially habaneros, but do have to have nachos a couple times a month, or quesadillas done right in the frying pan with Cabot X Sharp cheddar, bacon, onion, chili powder and my new fave ripe j a p s. 

Like red bell peppers compared to green have that sweetness, the red jalapenos have that plus more scovilles!

• Like 1

80 today and windy, and rain this evening but the next two days it cools off a little, the high 60s. 

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Like dtel said @oldtimer is the pro hot sauce meister, and @jimjimbo probably too, he has had some mouthwatering pics of his potted peppers to show us the last year!

Me?... nah can't eat too many of them especially habaneros, but do have to have nachos a couple times a month, or quesadillas done right in the frying pan with Cabot X Sharp cheddar, bacon, onion, chili powder and my new fave ripe j a p s. 

Like red bell peppers compared to green have that sweetness, the red jalapenos have that plus more scovilles!

I'm going to have to talk to oldtimer and jimjimbo once pepper growing season starts :).  I'd like to grow my own here but I don't know if I'm able to, given our short growing season.

3 hours ago, dtel said:

80 today and windy, and rain this evening but the next two days it cools off a little, the high 60s. 

It got up to 32 here today, so there was a bit of melting.  However, we also got another 4" overnight, and there's more to come tonight as well 😐 

• Like 2

When we lived in Ft. McMurray Northern Alberta (way south relative to @YK Thom) I bought an Eddie Bauer Expedition coat (like LL Bean, but Canadian ... I think) ... this was way back ... it literally weighs 10 lbs all down.  When it hit -51 deg C, I wore that coat for days.  Buick Rendezvous had 4 flat tires and the info center said "Take me to a dealer".  Engine management module frozen.  We got our Yukon Denali stuck (high centered on snow) twice in the same storm.  

For those who have ever watched Survivor Man, he did an episode where he was stranded in a car in the "back country".  That was interesting ... I paid attention.

Spring can't come soon enough.

• Like 3

They tell me layering of clothes and good head covering a real good idea for real weather like up where you members are. Back in 75 went to NYC for honeymoon. Seeing bride's aunt and uncle in Vermont, found out that even in May, it was colder than expected. We

went to a thrift shop she suggested and got a real ski-jacket that was heaviest had at that point. It really came in handy down here when we had weather at times at 9 degrees with wind chill on top. (good old days in N Florida) Have read and know from the telly that survival is a real consideration, and stranded in the snow. Gave me a few pointers that made sense to always have with you in the car.

• Like 1

Since the monsoon is now over...

We've had a very wet winter.  I made a comment recently about how soft the ground is, my wife even slipped on some grass that ripped up and fractured her leg.

So the ground is already saturated.....then we had the rain that hit half the country yesterday & day prior (?)

We have a depression here, we call it a pond.  If it DOWNPOURS the pond will get to about ankle deep from collecting the runoff from around the area.  I use this as my burning pit.  It is bone DRY 99% of the time except for a downpour.  Then 24/48 hours later, it's bone dry again.

I currently have a pile of stuff to burn in there that is probably 2-3 times larger than my industrial sized backhoe (JCB 1550)

The pond was at the brink of over flowing during this storm.  In my 30 years of knowing my wife's family, I've never seen this pond so full as it is today.

Ankle deep?  all the time, knee deep?  couple times.  This is approaching five feet plus.

You can see my burn pile but you cant tell I have entire trees (40/50 feet long) in it!

I'll be damn glad when things dry out and simply walking in the grass isn't a health threat.

Pond.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50-60mph winds here today.  Makes for fun with the feet of snow that's accumulated over winter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

50-60mph winds here today.  Makes for fun with the feet of snow that's accumulated over winter.

yep, the wind and several feet of fine dry snow has made for some wild weather lately

• Like 1

360 degree (almost) Sun Dogs in a blue clear sky at -42. Very cool-cold.

127.JPG

• Like 4

-42 in places, 65 mph winds in other places, I don't know how y'all do it.

NADman, better wrap them NADs so they don't freeze, at -42

• Like 2

Everything is fine here in O-H.  55-60 mph winds all day and thru tonite then back down to the low 30's!

windy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Everything is fine here in O-H.  55-60 mph winds all day and thru tonite then back down to the low 30's!

windy.jpg

Same here. Was 55 at midnight last night, then 65 mph wind gust, down to 15 tonight, and 0 windchills.

• Like 2

Check out how balmy it'll be to start March!

We don't have an above freezing day forecasted until March 15th.

Capture+_2019-02-25-12-08-22.png

• Sad 3

59 minutes ago, nlt6mor said:

Road is open,  morning walk!

It takes quite the imagination to call than open. :huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

It takes quite the imagination to call than open. :huh:

Looks pretty open to me :D 

Crazy wind and snow here yesterday.  Almost had a Suburban wipe out in front of me on the backroad right as I was getting home from the airport.

Back to subzero temps as wuzzzer mentioned above...not looking like a pleasant March ahead for us :(