The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

2 hours ago, NADman said:

Good point. I had a small crew 'blend'  the shingles to a new small L addition to my garage. Looks good but I was wondering about those little strips.

NO, they didn't remove them or explain. I would think that they would need some heat-sunshine etc. to seal. Lots of roofs done here in below freezing weather and heavy winds.

My bad for not asking. So far so good.

Even if the shingles are put on in cold weather, if the cellophane strips are removed first, then the first hot day in the summer they will still stick to the shingle under them....but is always wisest to have new roofing done in summer and to hang around to make sure they are removing the cellophane before putting the shingles on.

75 degrees in Vegas...

On 2/27/2019 at 1:49 AM, HDBRbuilder said:

When they shingled your roof, did they remove the cellophane strips on the underside of the shingles before installing them?  Most roofers nowadays DO NOT do it, because it takes time to do it and "time is money"....but those tar patches on the underside of the shingles is what keeps them from coming loose....and if the cellophane strips are not removed, then the tar patch can't adhere to the shingle under it....leaving only the roofing nails to hold the shingle on...not enough to keep high winds from causing them to blow loose/off.

19 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Can't say for the Mexicans that did my house and separate Garage, but I did on the Barn and the Grainery.

The strips are there to keep the shingles from sticking together in the bundles, and do not need to be removed when installed. 

36 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

84 and breezy off the Caribbean 

Nice....18 windchill here.

Talked to my brother a few minutes ago, he said it's 78 in Key West.

30` this AM.

will be 75` around 3PM

Chamber of Commerce weather.  

Looks like they might decent weather for the golf tournament, this year.  Mind you... it will be on the fresh side for the folks with early tee times.

random thought

How much does temp change a golf ball's hit?

1 minute ago, WillyBob said:

30` this AM.

will be 75` around 3PM

Looks like they might decent weather for the golf tournament, this year.  Mind you... it will be on the fresh side for the folks with early tee times.

random thought

I think the cool weather might affect the golfers more than the ball. Warmup time and keeping warm might be a concern.

• Haha 1

we are coming into heating and cooling season. 

be seeing 45` lows and mid 90's for high

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

30` this AM.

will be 75` around 3PM

random thought

Cold balls  are like hitting a rock, and don’t fly nearly as far. 

• Like 1

that kinda what I thought.  they talk about cold footballs being "hard"...

But a frozen piece of rubber..... it will fly!

Ask Dougie Hamilton or Sebastian Aho.

The Hurricanes are flirting into top ten territory for the first time in a decade!!! :emotion-19:

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

But a frozen piece of rubber..... it will fly!

Ask Dougie Hamilton or Sebastian Aho.

The Hurricanes are flirting into top ten territory for the first time in a decade!!! :emotion-19:

Meanwhile my Jets are shi...err pooping the bed on a regular basis 😡.  It's gonna be a long 5 weeks until the end of the season...

• Sad 1

They looked so very good a few months ago I feel you.

We're just way overdue around here, with our "good" players gettin' bad attitudes from being mismanaged... then having great years when they leave.

Or a shitt^ coach that destroys the team's morale then goes up your way, with our offense and is kickin' butt!

It's so soggy here if I step in the yard my foot goes in almost to my ankle!

Upper 70's and low 80's this week here.  There's a front coming through this weekend and it'll be in the 30's.

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

The strips are there to keep the shingles from sticking together in the bundles, and do not need to be removed when installed. 

That's the excuse all roofers use to keep from having to remove them, but under that cellophane strip is a patch of tar and it is there for a reason.

41 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

That's the excuse all roofers use to keep from having to remove them, but under that cellophane strip is a patch of tar and it is there for a reason.

It's there to keep the shingles from sticking to each other during transport while in the bundles. The manufacturers say to leave the strips.

So many home owners wanted the strips removed here in Fl,  that the strips say do not remove on them. I'm a Roofing Contractor GeorgeK 

• Thanks 1

Another 2-4" of snow on the way tonight into tomorrow.  We had the 5th snowiest month ever this month and the snowiest February ever.