What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

• Moderators
18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:
23 hours ago, dtel said:

Definitely in the shade but I had no idea about the 5', it's about 6.5 feet so good enough. :emotion-21:

better take it down 1.5 feet Elden ... you never know when the weather mafia is going to come looking. 

No problem I just won't answer the door when it 96 degrees and high humidity like it was the other day, they will lighten up and be glad to get out of the heat.

Anyway that explains my whole life, always 1.5 feet off, I'm used to it now.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 1:00 PM, Dave1290 said:

Swamps to 90's...  Thinking I'll just stay an hour south of Lake Erie for a couple more weeks!  The mayflies are baaaaacccckkkk!  Pesky things!

mayflies.png

That's freakin incredible! I've never seen anything like that. Let me get this right, those are mayflies all over the cars like snow?

That surely cannot be good for the paint finish....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, polizzio said:

That's freakin incredible! I've never seen anything like that. Let me get this right, those are mayflies all over the cars like snow?

Yuuuuuuup, EVERY year about this time.  Usually lasts about 3 weeks but they're EVERYwhere.  Ya don't park under lights in a parking lot for any length of time!  Break out the ice scraper w/the brush on it and GO!

• Like 1

• Moderators

That's just crazy, I'm surprised there are not swarms of seagulls and birds around that. But being everywhere I guess there are no hungry birds around.

A few 5 gallon bucks of those dumped in a local pond here and it would look like piranhas going after the bugs fish would be striking so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Emile said:

Jeez ... glad I live in Florida ... love bugs only :D 

florida lovebugs, florida lovebugs video, florida lovebugs picture, florida lovebugs may 2019

Yes we get em twice a year. In the spring and then in the fall, but not that bad. Love bugs have no predator, nothing will eat them. They are slightly acidic. Come from timber/forests.

Love bugs (twice a year for a few weeks)  and mosquitoes. But the mosquitoes have't been too bad lately. Nothing like those freakin mayflies. Got to be good fishing bait :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, polizzio said:

That surely cannot be good for the paint finish....

Are you making a horror movie?

JJK

• Haha 1

I bet the fish get tired of them. We get grasshoppers/locust thick some years. Then they don't work for bait.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Had to take wife to a Dr appt. 105` [1PM] when we left the Dr. Temp dropped to 91` and I needed to turn the wipers on. Need to do our annual wiper blade replacement... about every time it rains.... Sun cooks them. We almost stopped the car to get out in the rain.  That lasted a few miles. Was 102` when we got home.

Wife took a splash in the kiddie pool.

• Like 1

Well yesterday it was an indicated 95F on my thermometer on the back porch when I finished doing the yard. Then heavy clouds and wind rolled in (around 1900) and it looked like we were going to have a gully washer, but all it did was drizzle a bit. But it dropped the temp to 74F! I partially opened my garage door for a while to cool it off. Felt like AC after the heat earlier in the day.

So this morning right now is 67F, sun isn't up yet. A benefit from that stormy weather moving thru the area late yesterday. Going to feel really nice for the Farmer's Market (target rich environment) held downtown every Saturday morning.

• Like 1

sounds like a typical morning here. We are spoiled.  There is a daily chance for a spot of rain... nothing significant yet. Might be in for microbursts. Still a little too dry to make for good chances of weather. Dew point is up to 50`.

For statistics they pick a day for keeping track of precip thru the "monsoon"... June 15 - ?...

Meteorlogically, it "officially" starts when our dew point maintains 54` for 3 days. We ain't there, yet

• Like 2