What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

That's great @oldtimer

Should duplicate it here at my place!

High 90s all week, thermometer outside the kitchen window at 100 around noon each day.

It's been 90 for a couple hours since a very wet thunderstorm blew through here this afternoon.

Cooled by the clouds the last few days is better that skirtin' with 100 from noon until 6pm for ten in a row!

But low 70s when I got up the third time today at 7am with 88% humidity outside.

Dog days of summer `round here.

We are getting some crazy shit here in NW Indiana...rain, hail at 10am, 2pm, crazy times of the day.  Stupid humid.  I'm not complaining, but I have yet to turn on my sprinkler system....Cutting grass at least twice a week.  I think the mosquitoes are still formulating their battle plans.....

• Sad 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

& all of y'all know that's summer in the south!

Eldon, 98 and below 50% would be welcome around here!

Oh yea we know, that humidity is low for us and that temp is a couple few degrees above normal summertime. Just another reason to complain, looking forward to Nov to start to see a little change at night at least.

I think it explains some of the crazy in the South, and as you head further South like in Fla, it get's crazier, the sun is cooking peoples brains. :lol:

Now for the North all I can say is winters tend to freeze there brains, don't know what else could be making them odd to put it nicely? :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I could say "It's humid", but y'all would look at me funny.

45%... our temp is as high as Eldedn's r/h

we're looking at rain. can't say we will feel any. It almost got here yesterday. Sprinkles, wind and wet smell. The heavy rain got close... We watched it coming... then it went north. Just brushed us.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I keep the inside part next to my computer which is in the kitchen. I think the temp is really a little lower but the humidity is probably close unless I'm cooking , the stove is about 5'-6' away. Not the best place but convenient for me, it's really to see what's going on outside anyway. 

I like your pictures, I love plants and had many houseplants at one time, just kind of got away from it. Just the garden outside is fine with me it's easier to deal with. Loved it so much we did landscaping for 20 years. The houseplant habit got so bad we had a greenhouse 30'x48' mostly filled, it got so crazy I burned myself out on it and gave them all away sticking with the garden.

I even gave the greenhouse to a friend, this was after it was empty but still there (in the background). In the foreground is some of the Japanese maples we collected, our favorite plant/trees. The are all planted in the garden now, that was a grand kid playing in the rain. 

j_maples__(1).jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

we're looking at rain. can't say we will feel any. It almost got here yesterday. Sprinkles, wind and wet smell. The heavy rain got close... We watched it coming... then it went north.

It started raining steadily yesterday, probably rain all day and tonight looking at the radar.

This is a pic from out a back window, the rain gauge says 3 3/4" since yesterday, this is looking at the back yard to the right side. Raised vegetable garden (with weeds) with the rain gauge on the end.

334C9F11-D2F8-4832-932B-106A97377336.jpeg

• Like 1