The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

Heat index is purely a function of humidity, and it is real.  99f plus 30% humidity is not that bad, 99f plus 70% humidity is miserable.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2019 at 9:52 AM, Kidd said:

In  Arizona ,  95% of the rain does not make to the ground , evaporates  before  hitting .

We are in monsoon  season , soon the rains will start and cool the deserts , then the deserts will green up for a while 

Where I live , it was   68 degrees  this morning 

In Phoenix , 89 degrees  this morning  reaching a high if 114 degrees today , I'd hate to work outside in that heat 

Ahh, Sedona, I miss home! Here in Silverton CO, it was 46 this morning, on the way to 70.

I get what Ceptorman gets just a day later.  Remnants of Barry coming thru then we're gonna warm right up there sports fans!

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Heat index is purely a function of humidity, and it is real.  99f plus 30% humidity is not that bad, 99f plus 70% humidity is miserable.

True but when your humidity is always high except for after a cold front the index makes little difference for our summers. We normally don't get as many high pressure systems over us as much as in Texas, hot and dry. It seems like Texas has high pressure systems alot in the summer and temps can easily get to 100 for weeks at times,  with no rain of clouds.   

But your right humidity can make all the difference, also in really cold weather humidity makes a real difference with how cold it feels. Sometime a cold front will pass through and it feels much better but the temp stayed the same just the humidity dropped. 

• Like 1

Well i just finished push mowing the lawn, weed eating, and blow clean. It was 90F and 82% humidity and it kicked my butt hard. The grass/ground is still wet/soggy from Hurricane Barry rainfall. Threatening to rain again right now, thunder as I type and heavy clouds.

But its done, thankfully.

• Like 1

It's sunny and warm enough to rain. A little sticky, too. Can't complain. Tucson was 83` at 7AM... It was 68` here.

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

I get what Ceptorman gets just a day later.  Remnants of Barry coming thru then we're gonna warm right up there sports fans!

Is that like "sloppy seconds"? 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Is that like "sloppy seconds"? 😀

I'm sooooo NOT touchin that brother!  😎

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

I'm sooooo NOT touchin that brother!  😎

Hahaha....I debated on even posting that......but the humorous side of me won out!

• Haha 2

we get to look forward to that kind of thing, too. We can get them from the gulf or eastern Pacific.  They're just rain... that can be enough. Flood of '83 was caused by a dead hurricane. There was one last year [?] went west of us... coulda been the same all over.

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

not sure about the weather ... my neck and head hurt too bad.  Two herniated disks in my neck and the pain is worse than usual. Now to go with the pain, my arm feels like it has electricity running through it. weather is the least of my worries ... I’ll take snow right now if i could be pain free (if there is such a thing). 

Oh there is definitely such a thing as snow---I've even seen it personally.

• Haha 2

Just now, BigStewMan said:

who are you --  Diz Jr?

I like to think I was taking after you...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:
43 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

who are you --  Diz Jr?

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:
32 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

who are you --  Diz Jr?

I like to think I was taking after you...

:huh:Were all in trouble now.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

It's real, and it's spectacular!

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Bill W. said:

Ahh, Sedona, I miss home! Here in Silverton CO, it was 46 this morning, on the way to 70.

Silverton Co ?  you are one of 10 living there ?  Winters too ?

I lived in Durango for 1.5 years , moved back to Flag , then to Sedona area in 1990 

That’s funny!

We live in Silverton May through October, where we operate our restaurant. Sedona is home, where we live November through April.

There are about 700 year- round residents here, as my wife says, “Silverton winters are for the hearty and foolish, we are neither!”

this last winter was one for the record books, well over 20 feet of snow in town, higher elevations over 50 feet!

• Like 1

Silverton also has the distinction of the highest elevation installation of Jubilees, they play live and recorded music every day on the outdoor patio at the restaurant for our guests from the Durango&Silverton narrow-gauge Railroad.

• Like 1