The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

82 here with 78% humidity, better than the bahamas apparently.

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Tell me how 20+ inches of rain is a threat after twenty feet of salt water is already over you?

Good question. 

Every hurricane I have ever been through rain was never the problem, it was either wind or mostly it's the storm surge that causes most of the damage. Now over where Carl lives they had a storm sit over them for a week, rain was their biggest problem.

But I have never been on an island with nothing around to slow it down and had 185mph winds either.  We had 140 mph winds here, couldn't imagine 185 mph.

We had two feet from that Hugo I'll never forget, but we're three hours from the beach! I've seen 190 mph coming out of a turn at the speedway but that's hard to translate the wind I felt off of that to the almost 90 I felt right before Hugo's eye crossed the pond in the backyard where I lived then. The Sandhills (eastern NC) do get messed up bad often when these storms hit and loiter.

One thing people forget with all of these kinds of numbers is the power, stick you arm out of a car window at 75 mph and hold it out straight. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Heck cat 5 starts at 157 mph I've never been that fast except in a plane. 185mph? if there was a 6 this would be one. The Bahamas getting scoured by it will be lucky to be above sea level after it passes. Tell me how 20+ inches of rain is a threat after twenty feet of salt water is already over you?

I've seen 165......on a racebike 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

One thing people forget with all of these kinds of numbers is the power, stick you arm out of a car window at 75 mph and hold it out straight. 

True, very true but 75 mph on my four cylinder four carburetor six speed bike is more like it though!!  Seeing that pond rise up about six or eight feet to get to my patio, the fury of the first eyewall of a cat 1 then sunshine.... If I had a cellphone then in `89 the pics of the oncoming laterally moving clouds and rain was awe inspiring - the sound was scary.

3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I've seen 165......on a racebike 😀

I would imagine you have to hold on tightly and duck as much of the wind as possible. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dtel said:

I would imagine you have to hold on tightly and duck as much of the wind as possible. 

Yes...getting out of the wind helps a lot, pretty much mandatory. It's fun, exhilarating, and humbling at the same time, especially when an "A" class Superbike blows by me like I was sitting still, even at those speeds.

How about 304mph.  Bugatti just hit that mark.  Nice.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Gorgeous Machine @Shiva !!

Yes!  I concur.  Way to go Bugatti.  👍

I could get arrested in record time with one of those.

This spring it was May flies up on the North Coast of Ohio.  Now???  It's mass quantities of Dragonflies swarming over Indiana, Ohio and PA.  Seriously?

• Sad 1

rain today.  got caught in a torrential downpour.  wipers on full blast barely cleared the windshield. sound of the rain drowned out the radio completely. hard rain only lasted a few minutes. 

• Like 2

And to think a few years ago you had a rough day if you forgot to get your sunglasses when you left home. But really that was the least of your problems in crazyland.

• Haha 2

i leave for california next week.  not going to LA though -- Northern California this time. will hit Oakland; but only for lunch -- then a 90 minute drive to my cousin’s where i’ll be staying.

• Like 1

Mid 80's temp and mid 80's humidity every day as I leave for work.  Come on fall.

Yes fall, were waiting 94 right now 47% humidity which is kind of low.

Our hottest week this summer was last week, 99-100 everyday all week. The hurricane pulled a high pressure system from Texas over the gulf coast all the way to Florida. 2 more days of it and they say it should be over as a low pressure moves into the gulf, we could use some rain.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

2 more days of it and they say it should be over as a low pressure moves into the gulf, we could use some rain.

Right about the time the next storm develops.  The high pressure that we had was what kept the last storm at bay.

You guys ... always complaining about the weather and never doing anything about it. Here’s @dtel and @CECAA850 at the pilgrimage. 

Calvin Coolidge would be proud!

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

You guys ... always complaining about the weather and never doing anything about it.

Well, here's someone that's doing something about it!!

WARNING!!!  SATIRE!  SATIRE!  SATIRE!

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-signs-executive-order-giving-him-control-of-weather

• Haha 2