Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

Recommended Posts

We haven't made it up to even 70 today and it's 6:30 pm. Rain today at last soft rain for three or five hours then a thunderstorm that didn't rain hard until it was past us. Last month I cut the grass twice just to vacuum the leaves it was so dry the dust and the dust from the dry clay made me sick for a couple of weeks now. Less snot now and doing better, maybe the yards here will turn green again before it gets cool for the winter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

We haven't made it up to even 70 today and it's 6:30 pm. Rain today at last soft rain for three or five hours then a thunderstorm that didn't rain hard until it was past us. Last month I cut the grass twice just to vacuum the leaves it was so dry the dust and the dust from the dry clay made me sick for a couple of weeks now. Less snot now and doing better, maybe the yards here will turn green again before it gets cool for the winter?

 

Are you using a dust mask when cutting leaves with your mower? Helps a lot!

 

Lucky you: We haven't seen 70 degrees F for a couple of months.

 

Wb

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ran out and the tough-guy left in me though I could get by without it.

After all of this coughing keeping me from sleeping then figuring out which of the five hundred products to take to help out...... headed to the hardware store before the next cutting after a whole week of rain coming this way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got Chamber of Commerce weather.  50`AM and a high in mid 80's. Severe clear skies.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Less snot now and doing better, maybe the yards here will turn green again before it gets cool for the winter?

TMI  😂

 

2 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

We haven't seen 70 degrees F for a couple of months.

Now THAT would suck big time.  Eh?  😂  With the birth announcement at least we know what you do in the winter waaaay up there!   Bundling up can be a good thing  :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it when it rains outside. This means that you can stay at home and watch movies, TV shows or chat with girls on Tinder or on Dating sites. Speaking of Dating sites. Many sites do not guarantee the security of your data, but this is not written anywhere. If you decide to register somewhere, I advise you to use such reviews - https://hookupmasters.com/adult-dating-sites/benaughty-review of course, with their help you will understand whether it is necessary to register on the site or not.

Edited by Tsut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here come those Santa Ana winds again.

Last few days have been warm even into the night time hours. Came home after dark last night still 82 in the valley. Was down to 76 at the house at 2000' elevation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tsut said:

We've had a lot of fog in the last few days. And I like this weather.
 

 

Do you live on the coast or inland? Morning fog or at night?

 

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

Here come those Santa Ana winds again.

Last few days have been warm even into the night time hours. Came home after dark last night still 82 in the valley. Was down to 76 at the house at 2000' elevation.

 

Great! We are headed for our annual summer this weekend with temps like that! I thought we were going to miss it this year too. Double bonus!!

 

Still going to have to fly down and rent a car, but summer is just 3 hours away by air.

 

Wb 

 

Wb

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RTM 44 and clear...

This coming....

Friday sunny and 56

Saturday sunny and 58

Sunday partly cloudy and 45

Monday  Snow

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Things are quite hot out here in many parts of California. Santa Ana's are blowing,  Fires are blazing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7609231/Hundreds-evacuated-massive-wildfire-spreads-rapidly-Northern-California-70mph-winds.html

 

20130834-7609231-While_battling_the_blaze_a_firefighter_came_across_a_fire_whirl_-a-9_1571966370513.jpg

 

Sadly you see that on the nightly news far too often than ever.

 

California must be far too dry and the wrong place to jam people in close proximity.

 

Wb

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Raining here.  Anyone surprised?

 

In a few hours, assuming the weatherman is correct I could arrange to send you some snow. You pay shipping. How much would you like? ;)

 

Wb

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

 

In a few hours, assuming the weatherman is correct I could arrange to send you some snow. You pay shipping. How much would you like? ;)

 

Wb

I grew up and learned how to drive in the snow.  People around here didn't.  When we actually do get snow, it's not pretty on the roadways.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grew up getting around in the snow by hanging low on someones rear bumper, sliding on the soles of our shoes.  We called it skitching and we had a blast doing it. The trick was only on side streets and to not let the driver see that you were grabbed on, otherwise you could be in for a scary ride.😀  Back in Michigan.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I grew up getting around in the snow by hanging low on someones rear bumper, sliding on the soles of our shoes.  We called it skitching and we had a blast doing it. The trick was only on side streets and to not let the driver see that you were grabbed on, otherwise you could be in for a scary ride.😀  Back in Michigan.  

Been there, done that.  Dry spots in the road were a be-atch.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little skitching demo vid.  Off to school.   I didn't like the under bumper grab, so would pass on that car myself.  Over bumper only. Had to choose wisely for more control.👍

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that brought back memories trying to get back to the ship after a night of hitting the bars. drunk as a skunk, and we’d grab the bumper and slide along the icy roads instead of walking. Stupid and horribly dangerous. Hit a dry spot on the road and it’s a whole new ballgame.  the bigger idiot is the driver and the person filming -- i sure hope this wasn’t the parent. 

Other times, we’d jump on a passing train and ride it for a while. being drunk, running alongside a train, then jumping to grab a ladder isn’t a smart thing to do -- I definitely don’t advise it.  As my brother would say, “God protects the ignorant” and for a great deal of my life, i think He was doing overtime protecting me. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now it is 45 F, with heavy rains.😔

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...