Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

Recommended Posts

@BigStewMan

Yea they practice ice skating and their hockey moves.

Sleet then snow then sleet again and highs in the twenties or lower we could build actual igloos here when I was a kid.

Sleet on top of snow up there with that cold might not take a zamboni to smooth things out for skating!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Do you folks ever get used to that extreme cold?  I see photos of people at outdoor christmas events and it’s super-duper cold. Guys wearing baseball caps and what appear to be regular old coats instead of extreme cold foul-weather stuff.  

I once worked on an Ice-breaking ship.  When it hit 40, we were outside with short-sleeved shirts, but when it was 26 below -- we were real cold and didn’t want to be outside. So, is all a mental thing--this is what it is and i’m still going to go out and do stuff with my friends regardless of the weather?

 

There's always some morons around here who wear shorts even in weather like this.  To me as long as there's no wind, even below zero temps don't feel that bad.  You just dress warm.  Once the wind picks up, though, it's hard to stay outside for more than a couple minutes. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Do you folks ever get used to that extreme cold?  I see photos of people at outdoor christmas events and it’s super-duper cold. Guys wearing baseball caps and what appear to be regular old coats instead of extreme cold foul-weather stuff.  

I once worked on an Ice-breaking ship.  When it hit 40, we were outside with short-sleeved shirts, but when it was 26 below -- we were real cold and didn’t want to be outside. So, is all a mental thing--this is what it is and i’m still going to go out and do stuff with my friends regardless of the weather?

Yeah you get used to it for sure.  I lived in California and Arizona for ~30 years and while I was used to the CA heat, AZ was a new level and it took me about a year to really adapt.  It's been the same with the cold up here in the north; you adapt and learn to dress properly.  I will go outside in shorts when it's -26, but only to get the mail :D.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i heard there was some dude in Canada that was really into his favorite football team.  He wore shorts for 18 years until they won another championship (which they did just a few weeks ago).  I lived most of my life at the beach in SoCal and i rarely wear shorts. my attire 99% of the time is blue jean levis a t-shirt and sneakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

76F and sunny here in southern LA this afternoon, very pleasant. Cold front coming in tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i heard there was some dude in Canada that was really into his favorite football team.  He wore shorts for 18 years until they won another championship (which they did just a few weeks ago).  I lived most of my life at the beach in SoCal and i rarely wear shorts. my attire 99% of the time is blue jean levis a t-shirt and sneakers.

Yeah. My home town. WooHoo.

I can dress for cold and colder but I can only undress so far for hot. Seems that sooner or later we are all prisoners to heating or air conditioning.

On the other hand I don't worry about earth quakes, hurricanes, tornado's, forest fires, tsunami's etc. I live on the largest chunk of granite on earth

(the Canadian Shield) so things are pretty solid. Also the best Walleye and Northern Pike (Muskie) fishing in NA both summer and winter (F**k Golf) never mind

the CC, VO and beer and the most hrs. of sunshine per year in Canada.

No, I don't like the cold but I sure hate the hot, muggy.

GO Bombers.

BB.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NADman said:

No, I don't like the cold but I sure hate the hot, muggy.

as i get older, i’m liking the extreme temps less and less. I would rather deal with extreme cold than that stuff @dtel has to endure.  Hot & humid set my Asthma off like nobody’s business. I can handle hot & dry -- i lived many years in the desert. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22c at 8pm...beautiful day today, and tonight.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crap heading in and on the way to you Dirtmudd!  Not much here just a lil dusting w/a high of 29.  Mid 30's Monday, Tuesday 34 and flurries then down to the mid 20's the rest of the week.  Here we go!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds great Carl but you can keep the humidity.  Fat old people sweat a lot!  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Sounds great Carl but you can keep the humidity.  Fat old people sweat a lot!  :)

 

Every body sweats a lot when the humidity is high like that.  Actually you don't sweat any more down here, it just doesn't evaporate when you do.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

71 degrees and 61% humidity,  rain this evening and tonight then a little cooler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Every body sweats a lot when the humidity is high like that.  Actually you don't sweat any more down here, it just doesn't evaporate when you do.

I'm just glad the humidity doesn't not smell like sweat.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not very cold here, 30, but got 5" of snow last night, 2-4" this afternoon, and 1-3" tomorrow. I was in my truck plowing most most the night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

 I was in my truck plowing most most the night.

Thats funny my drive was still snow covered this morning :biggrin2:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, dtel said:

I'm just glad the humidity doesn't not smell like sweat.  

Or like a place that I won't mention that smells like dead fish in the mud when driving through on I-95!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...