The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

about 16 F ,   Here in Northern NY - roughly the same as Kansas -City -Cold - and 1 foot of snow in the last 24 hours

It's 17 and light snow, cold.  A week ago it was 70 degrees, just crazy.

Made it through the -35 C time, boy it wasn't fun.  Daughter's car was frozen, would not respond to jump start.  Got towed, warmed up, new battery all is well.  We are back to positive temps now, roads are very messy with lots of melting.  But maybe we are out of the worst of it now.

• Sad 1

You guys would laugh at me being cold when I took the trash out at 6:30 this morning.

It's 60F in the house at nighttime and I went outside in my sweatpants and a tshirt when it was 20F. I've got to tell you that I'm still pretty quick!

• Haha 2

27F and frosty @ sunrise right now. Quite a change from a couple days ago where we hit 75 mid day.

I hand washed my car yesterday morning @ about 0900, it was 46F but not a cloud in the sky. The water was pretty cold!

• Like 1

Getting a drizzle. Nothing big and temps will be close to [almost] 60`. A little below normal.  mid 60's is average

Have paperwhites/narcissus blooming. Thought it would be nice to have some flowers in the house. Brought a sprig in and quickly rejected that idea. Musty smelling. Same reason I don't like Stargazer lilies. Remind me of a funeral "home".  I think parlor is is better.  "Home" in conjunction with funeral seems odd.

• Like 1

Some Newfoundlanders making the best of 'what is locally available'.

Newfies.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Think I read they had 135mph winds and called it a bomb cyclone. Need PWK at times like this...... bs, think it's called a post tropical cyclone that far north with snow instead of rain, did it get a name? Cat 4 hurricane up north! Good grief.

Seen one blizzard in my lifetime and I'm glad it went to 40 F the next day. March `04... 28" in the flat spot in the middle of the patio. Had to step on the coffee table to climb out of the sliding glass door `cause around the houses, cars, bushes it was four feet and more deep. Thunder, lightning and 55 mph wind that even hit Cape Hatteras that day!

14 here yesterday morning, didn't break 30, today we will!

• Like 1

It was 54 degrees warmer today than last week.  The sad thing is it was only two degrees above freezing today. 

• Sad 1

48 right now and 100% chance of rain tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Chitty...Snow, rain, salt brine on the roads...

Makes me wonder what the salt brine does to the environment....

Those dry days driving on the interstate in a cloud of salt brine....

• Like 1

My ears popped earlier then the gray sky and 35 made me tell her it looked like snow outside.

We had about 40 minutes of these big goose feather flakes. The saying goes "Big snow, little snow" and conversely yep even with twenties in the early am nothing will stick, but its fun to see in the lower latitudes. I can hear Charlie Daniels peaceful "Carolina" right now!

IMG-20200131-105619.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

My ears popped earlier then the gray sky and 35 made me tell her it looked like snow outside.

We had about 40 minutes of these big goose feather flakes. The saying goes "Big snow, little snow" and conversely yep even with twenties in the early am nothing will stick, but its fun to see in the lower latitudes. I can hear Charlie Daniels peaceful "Carolina" right now!

Funny, a few of my wife's coworkers are in SC and all they could talk about today was the snow.  She was tempted to show them the 3-4" we got this morning but figured that this was a novelty down there, no reason to rain (or snow) on their parade.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

IMG-20200131-105619.jpg

You didn't notice the UFO hovering in your backyard?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

forecast to be sunny and 74f on Sunday

Woot Woot....

Sat 47 and Sunny

Sun 54 and the same.

Wash vehicle weekend

15 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Woot Woot....

Sat 47 and Sunny

Sun 54 and the same.

Wash vehicle weekend