The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

53 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You didn't notice the UFO hovering in your backyard?

Of course I did, it moves pretty slow when the blades aren't moving but it still lights up good:cool:

They're calling for more flurries tonight has not quit raining all day afterwards, man we've got to be the new Seattle of the east.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

So did I

Weather Channel app says 74f, sunny, winds 12mph ssw?  For Sunday...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

74f, sunny, winds 12mph ssw?  For Sunday

Tried to query this on the Weather Channel. I think what I allow is causing problems.

well, I think it has rained something like 23 days in a row ... so, it sucks.

isn't that what the PNW is known for?

Like the desert SW getting oppressive amts of sunshine. We can go months w/o precip.  May and June are good for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

isn't that what the PNW is known for?

Like the desert SW getting oppressive amts of sunshine. We can go months w/o precip.  May and June are good for that.

yeah, but for a guy that lived in the SW for most of my life -- this is hard to take and honestly not something that I hope to get used to. 

Right now, it's near my brother's medical care and he still requires treatment from complications of his cancer surgery -- but, if I was on my own, I'd be gone -- and possibly back to the desert. 

I drive to the store and see people jogging or walking their dogs in the rain -- I think they've given up. I'm not saying this is a bad place to live, I've surely seen a lot worse; but I'm also not seeing anything so incredible that it is worth living in this constant state of wet.  The ground off my back porch has NEVER been dry since I've moved here ... seriously, not a single day. 

When I lived in Huntington Beach, I would joke about the weather and the beach and say that is why we pay so much to live there.  I'm still wondering what people see up here that makes all this dreary weather worth it. To make matters worse, from what I'm told, this year isn't unusually different overall. They say January was wetter than normal, but overall this is about what it always is. Gray skies and rain. Local at the Ford dealership told me that the sun will return in April or May. 

• Like 1

Ohio is normal trash right now.  33 today, 40 partly cloudy Sunday, 52 Monday and cloudy, then starting back down again.  Who knows ya just ride it out.  Could have snow a foot high everywhere.  Heck that could happen ANY day around here!   :)

• Like 1

Amending the last weather report.   ^^^^^^^^  It is now SNOWING!  Welcome to Ohio "The Heart of it All" as they say on the license plates!  hahaha

• Haha 2

I'm from IN... Elkhart

Nice/OK to visit. Wouldn't want to live there. I was up there until Dec 21. I wanted to leave earlier. Family thing. It was 17` when I hit the road. Told myself, I wasn't stopping until it was green and warm. Ran into the Gulf of Mexico and didn't get warm. Rooms on the beach are cheap that time of year. Spent a day fishing off the pier while weather passed.

This part of the SW is pretty moderate. I'm spoiled. Only place the weather was better was Kauai.

• Like 1

we're in for a kick in the butt. Murphy has to have nice weather for the GemShow and then the golf tournament and rodeo.  I see a couple days[Tues/Wed] that we won't break 60. A few year ago they had to delay the golf because of snow. The rodeo goes on no matter the weather. Hurts attendance.  Hard to get us to sit in nasty weather ... sorry

Weird around here snow flurries on Friday then today... Monday it was 73 degrees after lunch. 

• Like 1

Hit 60 here yesterday, which is a bit crazy.  Think if broke a record or was close.  Rain coming in then that "wintery mix."  Next week back up into the 40's and a bump up to 50 late in the week.  When I quit plowing snow a few years ago I bought a nice BIG Cub Cadet auto-everything blower.  Wondered about global warming at the time but bought it anyway.  8 passes down the drive guiding it.  Happy boy!  Used it twice in 4 years.  Sure looks pretty sittin out there ready to go.  Blech!  ☹️

• Like 1

78F on my porch yesterday in Athens, Ga.  Only 65F today so far.

• Like 1

it gonna have to stretch to make 50`F today. here is still tomorrow. Clear and still. Should get a little cold tonight. 20 - 25`. Not looking forward to that.

I hate cold.

this cold is gonna make trouble east, where is can get some water. Texas or so.

• Like 1

It was snowing in Santa Fe NM a few hours ago. My sister posted a pic on FB, pretty heavy accum. 22F right now there and a snow shower per the WC. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, polizzio said:

It was snowing in Santa Fe NM a few hours ago. My sister posted a pic on FB, pretty heavy accum. 22F right now there and a snow shower per the WC. 

Was 13F this morning here in Albuquerque. Currently 8F in Santa Fe

• Like 3