The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

Cold, and rainy today in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

What is it like in the dfw area?

You in the tropics again?

green over here in the cool rain

There is nothing quite like leaving the house at 11:30 a.m. being at the boulevard a quarter mile away and seeing the sky turn black and it getting dark as night then step outside and the wind is blowing up from the ground off the parking lot enough to make my three-quarter inch hair blow. That was after the tornado warning so the air was rising and racing towards my neighborhood course I drove home if I hadn't driven that way a thousand times in my life I would not have been able to go I couldn't see past the end of the hood and yeah I'm talking all this into my phone so no punctuation but geez glad we didn't get hit there must have been rotation still in the air the way the updraft was but damn too much rain.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

There is nothing quite like leaving the house at 11:30 a.m. being at the boulevard a quarter mile away and seeing the sky turn black and it getting dark as night then step outside and the wind is blowing up from the ground off the parking lot enough to make my three-quarter inch hair blow. That was after the tornado warning so the air was rising and racing towards my neighborhood course I drove home if I hadn't driven that way a thousand times in my life I would not have been able to go I couldn't see past the end of the hood and yeah I'm talking all this into my phone so no punctuation but geez glad we didn't get hit there must have been rotation still in the air the way the updraft was but damn too much rain.

They had a couple tornadoes do some destruction in LA or MS yesterday. A product of that storm front moving east.

uh huh.

I warned y'all. We get a ripple and it turns beast when it gets water. You getting the cold behind the storms?

Seasonable is what they say for tomorrow. It was in the teens again this AM. Sposed to hit mid 50's to 60.

• Like 2

Lil bit of snow this morning when I rolled out.  Now?  Windy and blowing snow.  Supposed to hit a bit harder up along the North Coast and Lake Erie.  Southern part of "the heart of it all is rain."  My mail "person" just drove by an hour ahead of schedule so my buddy must be on vaca or off.  New kids are always ahead of schedule!  Haven't mellowed out yet!  Never know I was retired and pathetically worthless would ya?  Timing the mail delivery now.   Go figure.  😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

They had a couple tornadoes do some destruction in LA or MS yesterday. A product of that storm front moving east.

Yep my whole life here it is rare that we get any precip without it coming through y'all from the gulf. You guys get the nasty stuff and it has dwindled before it gets here most of the time. Once in the 70s then once in the mid 80s there were those days when hundreds of twisters were reported in the south- southeast.

It was in the early 80s I was across the Buford Hwy from Peachtree/DeKalb airport in Chamblee (Doraville🎶) and saw a twister toss single and twin engine planes up into the air and around in circles. Another time in the 90s one hit Cocoa FL we heard one at a distance, me and my rott-n-pit went on the front porch the hair along his spine stood straight up then my hair did and we went inside again. It was a mile away where it touched down.

Wasn't it Auburn that got it bad last year by a BIG one?

* Well ten degress more normal for us after being at 70 for a few days @grasshopper

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, Ron E said:

Cold, and rainy today in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

We were visiting my sister down there two years ago around this time.  Fortunately we had beautiful weather the majority of the time. 

Got in after the front and luckily the roads were mostly dry.  Is it the cold, or has it become unusually quiet around here?  Are all the instigators gone? 

• Haha 1

31F and dark right now :) Quite a change from 70F ~ thirty six hours ago.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

retired and pathetically worthless

describes me to a "T". Telling the wife that I have 2 lifetimes worth of projects staring at me..... before I get to do something for fun. Doing housework and blasting Bridge of Sighs, for the neighbors' entertainment.

Still a bit fresh to start my outdoor things.  Normal temps today. Mid 60's and plenty of sun. Might water the garden. It's been a month. We're showing signs of, either frost bite or needing some water.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, polizzio said:

31F and dark right now :) Quite a change from 70F ~ thirty six hours ago.

I guess you got the cold that bit us? It was in the teens [as low temp] for two days here. That qualifies as cold for us. It happens every few years

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I guess you got the cold that bit us? It was in the teens [as low temp] for two days here. That qualifies as cold for us. It happens every few years

A couple years ago (12-8-17) it dropped down to 15F here and my exterior wall mounted gas fired tankless water heater inlet froze up early in the morning sometime. Noticed when I woke up and no hot water flow to wash hands and face.  I was out there with my electric heat gun and got it flowing again in like 5-10 minutes. 

So note to self going forward: overnight temps < 20F, put a heat lamp on it or run a little hot water stream. Which doesn't happen very often down here anyways.

• Like 2

Still chilly outside at 46 but that wind that has blow-dried everything makes it feel cold after noon here today. Looks like storms coming back it's dark towards the west. Haven't looked but I'd bet there is snow towards the mtns right now!

• Like 2

Couple inches here today.  Started last evening and must have snowed all nite.  Sun came up though.  High of 26.  Nope the snowblower didn't get used.  Still ready to go though!  

• Like 3

25 degrees, grey and I think cold. This isn't cold as it "is still above zero"

but damn the chill is there...To think as a kid I used to play in this stuff 🤣

• Haha 1