The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

1 hour ago, rockhound said:

Seas are 8-12ft occasional 15's

Winds are 25-30 knots

Ambient temp of 64.1

Gulf of Mexico.

don't wanna be out in a small boat

• Like 2

On 2/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, grasshopper said:

don't wanna be out in a small boat

Where's your sense of adventure man.

read today that some of the Great Lakes are going to have 20 footers.  I've been on Lake Michigan in a fall storm where swells were 20' -- we were rocking and rolling for sure. fun times. 

34 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

read today that some of the Great Lakes are going to have 20 footers.  I've been on Lake Michigan in a fall storm where swells were 20' -- we were rocking and rolling for sure. fun times. 

Just got off our local lake after checking ice thickness for some possible ice-sailing action.

Current temperature was 24 degrees, winds North at 15-20, gusts to 25+.

Ice is smooth as a baby's a$$ yet only 4" thick.

Who's up for a 60+mph ride.......with NO motor, and NO brakes???  Just good old clean fun !

IMG_3178.jpg.31a2de65eea2a839778a3a472371e9d3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my that looks cold! I am in Florida with a 62 degree day and I'm freezing outside!!!! I do love the photo. Thanks for reminding me why I moved south.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arrow#422 said:

Who's up for a 60+mph ride..

On 4" of ice, well no thanks, I don't even own the clothes to be out there.

54 and sunny here

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I saw those 20 foot waves on 'World News Tonight' with David Muir. Is that what sank the Edmund Fitzgerald in '75? I know, wrong lake, huh? Hope you got warmed up after that adventure. When I got up at 5:00am this morning it was 42 degrees here in Land O Lakes, FL. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, usnret70-90 said:

I saw those 20 foot waves on 'World News Tonight' with David Muir. Is that what sank the Edmund Fitzgerald in '75? I know, wrong lake, huh? Hope you got warmed up after that adventure.

nearly as big -- think the fitzgerald's were 25' -- but been on lake superior as well.

3 hours ago, usnret70-90 said:

I saw those 20 foot waves on 'World News Tonight' with David Muir. Is that what sank the Edmund Fitzgerald in '75? I know, wrong lake, huh? Hope you got warmed up after that adventure. When I got up at 5:00am this morning it was 42 degrees here in Land O Lakes, FL. 

Enjoy...

• Like 1

20 footers are paradise on the north shore of Oahu.  Of course they are tubular rollers, not cold as ice turbulent like the great lakes.  The real monsters are around twice that and you can feel the thunder as they crash.  In Texas we are going through a weekly cycle of warming, then cold and rainy, rinse and repeat.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

20 footers are paradise on the north shore of Oahu.  Of course they are tubular rollers, not cold as ice turbulent like the great lakes.  The real monsters are around twice that and you can feel the thunder as they crash.  In Texas we are going through a weekly cycle of warming, then cold and rainy, rinse and repeat.

I've been to Hawaii a couple of times, but never had the privilege of watching those monster waves on the north shore. a bucket list item for me. isn't prime viewing during December?

• Like 2

Yes, winter time is when it happens.  It can be anytime usually from November through February, and it depends on storm systems from out in the Pacific stirring up the waves until they hit the shore.  It is quite an experience.  In the summer you can't believe how flat the water usually is out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

none for me, thank you

there weather has been about as good as it can be. 75`... however, there is a "ripple" coming. Monday, the high is sposed to make 50`. A little rain with it. Can't wait to see what happens east of  us... tornados and thundersnow.

6 hours ago, Shaun K said:

25F here and my office window is open.

it's all relative.  After -25`, +25` IS warm. No coat, a flannel shirt is fine

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Yes, winter time is when it happens.  It can be anytime usually from November through February, and it depends on storm systems from out in the Pacific stirring up the waves until they hit the shore.  It is quite an experience.  In the summer you can't believe how flat the water usually is out there.

one of the seasonal changes.

winter surf is north shore. Summer surf [hurricane season]  is from the south, generally

12 hours ago, grasshopper said:

it's all relative.  After -25`, +25` IS warm. No coat, a flannel shirt is fine

The average temperature at this time of year here on the Gulf Coast of central Florida is 74 degrees. If it ever dropped to -25 to +25, my wife and I would be in trouble. We do not have any cold weather attire. My warmest piece of clothing is my 'Kimber' hoodie. No gloves, no jackets, no boots, nothing at all for your kind of weather. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it's cold where you live.

• Like 3

@usnret70-90

oh... I don't live where it gets that cold --- not any more.  I lived in Michiana for better part of my childhood and spent a couple months in Anchorage, during the winter. My home is in the land of "the other southern accent" ..  And still only speak, enough Spanish/Mexican to get me in trouble

• Like 1

Just a couple of hundred miles north of central Florida, I find use of winter gear essential. Norh Florida...

• Like 2