The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

They are edible, enjoy.  Plus rabbits like them too.  It is fun to watch them bite off a flower stem at the base and then chew the whole thing straight up to the flower and then in a flash it is all gone.

• Like 2

82 DEGREES today in Northern NY ------------first real hot day of the year -------about time

• Like 1

when i started isolating, Spring was a week old -- now we’re closing in on summer. sad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I have the greatest crop of dandelions you ever saw and they are so resilient. Cut them down and two days later they all came back.

JJK

They're almost the state flower here! I'm amazed how deep the root grows.

24 hours a day, it never lets up.

Now 89 and 47% humidity

23 hours ago, oldtimer said:

They are edible, enjoy.  Plus rabbits like them too.  It is fun to watch them bite off a flower stem at the base and then chew the whole thing straight up to the flower and then in a flash it is all gone.

All the rabbits were scared away by dogs. The coyotes and the foxes eat them. Well something does, maybe it's the Eagles. I haven't seen one in maybe 15 years. What ever they use for lawn treatment  wipes the dandelions out for a couple of years but I am too cheap to use it.

JJK

2 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

All the rabbits were scared away by dogs. The coyotes and the foxes eat them. Well something does, maybe it's the Eagles. I haven't seen one in maybe 15 years. What ever they use for lawn treatment  wipes the dandelions out for a couple of years but I am too cheap to use it.

JJK

Whatever that is, it is bad for the water supply.  I would rather have non-polluted water and dandelions in the yard.  Dandelions are not native to the Americas, having been introduced from Europe, but they darn sure are adaptable!  There are much worse invasive plants.

Nearly 2 inches of rain which was wet snow just north of the city, and will keep going until late tomorrow. Good day for reading.

If I wasn’t doing AFM (alcohol free May) I’d be having scotch tonight!

is there still weather outside?  I haven’t been out in months. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If there is weather outside but you aren't there to feel it, does it exist?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If there is weather outside but you aren't there to feel it, does it exist?

Not sure, let me take off my mask to try and smell something outside......

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 7:45 PM, JJkizak said:

I have the greatest crop of dandelions you ever saw and they are so resilient. Cut them down and two days later they all came back.

JJK

They make some great Dandelion 🍷 wine.

• Like 1

Currently 84 degrees and cloudy. Yesterday was 93 and a wonderful day to relax in the pool which was 85 degrees. The pool will get warmer as we head into summer but, if the pool temperature gets much higher,  then it becomes less than ideal. On the other hand, my wife thinks the water should be around 104 all the time.

• Like 1

Fantastic thunderstorms west of the Cascades today in Or and Wa states. We don't get many big boomers. One almost knocked a RS-7 off my wall. Steady, early morning rain has turned to showers before it (supposedly) ramps up again. Almost 20 degrees colder than the last 2 days.

• Like 2

90-91 for a high this week 40% chance for rain this evening which is lower then the last bunch of days then dry till the end of the week.

• Like 1

think it was 87 yesterday. Supposed to rain today. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

Fantastic thunderstorms west of the Cascades today in Or and Wa states. We don't get many big boomers. One almost knocked a RS-7 off my wall. Steady, early morning rain has turned to showers before it (supposedly) ramps up again. Almost 20 degrees colder than the last 2 days.

Strong low pressure storm will do that with the temps. It doesn't have to be a TS or Hurricane although they really do it in a severe manner like mid 90s all week, then when raining before it hit and the day after Hugo it was in the 60s here.

• Like 1

We got a smattering of rain. Enough to cool things down more that the 4` drop we saw yesterday.... it is 80` and quite comfortable

• Like 2

Partly cloudy with a slight chance of hail size rocks and molotov cocktails. 🤕

• Sad 2