Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

Recommended Posts

They are edible, enjoy.  Plus rabbits like them too.  It is fun to watch them bite off a flower stem at the base and then chew the whole thing straight up to the flower and then in a flash it is all gone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

82 DEGREES today in Northern NY ------------first real hot day of the year -------about time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when i started isolating, Spring was a week old -- now we’re closing in on summer. sad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JJkizak said:

 

I have the greatest crop of dandelions you ever saw and they are so resilient. Cut them down and two days later they all came back.

JJK

They're almost the state flower here! I'm amazed how deep the root grows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 hours a day, it never lets up.

 

 

Now 89 and 47% humidity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, oldtimer said:

They are edible, enjoy.  Plus rabbits like them too.  It is fun to watch them bite off a flower stem at the base and then chew the whole thing straight up to the flower and then in a flash it is all gone.

 

All the rabbits were scared away by dogs. The coyotes and the foxes eat them. Well something does, maybe it's the Eagles. I haven't seen one in maybe 15 years. What ever they use for lawn treatment  wipes the dandelions out for a couple of years but I am too cheap to use it.

JJK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

 

All the rabbits were scared away by dogs. The coyotes and the foxes eat them. Well something does, maybe it's the Eagles. I haven't seen one in maybe 15 years. What ever they use for lawn treatment  wipes the dandelions out for a couple of years but I am too cheap to use it.

JJK

Whatever that is, it is bad for the water supply.  I would rather have non-polluted water and dandelions in the yard.  Dandelions are not native to the Americas, having been introduced from Europe, but they darn sure are adaptable!  There are much worse invasive plants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nearly 2 inches of rain which was wet snow just north of the city, and will keep going until late tomorrow. Good day for reading.

 

If I wasn’t doing AFM (alcohol free May) I’d be having scotch tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there still weather outside?  I haven’t been out in months. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is weather outside but you aren't there to feel it, does it exist?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If there is weather outside but you aren't there to feel it, does it exist?

Not sure, let me take off my mask to try and smell something outside......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 7:45 PM, JJkizak said:

 

I have the greatest crop of dandelions you ever saw and they are so resilient. Cut them down and two days later they all came back.

JJK

They make some great Dandelion 🍷 wine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently 84 degrees and cloudy. Yesterday was 93 and a wonderful day to relax in the pool which was 85 degrees. The pool will get warmer as we head into summer but, if the pool temperature gets much higher,  then it becomes less than ideal. On the other hand, my wife thinks the water should be around 104 all the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic thunderstorms west of the Cascades today in Or and Wa states. We don't get many big boomers. One almost knocked a RS-7 off my wall. Steady, early morning rain has turned to showers before it (supposedly) ramps up again. Almost 20 degrees colder than the last 2 days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90-91 for a high this week 40% chance for rain this evening which is lower then the last bunch of days then dry till the end of the week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

think it was 87 yesterday. Supposed to rain today. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

Fantastic thunderstorms west of the Cascades today in Or and Wa states. We don't get many big boomers. One almost knocked a RS-7 off my wall. Steady, early morning rain has turned to showers before it (supposedly) ramps up again. Almost 20 degrees colder than the last 2 days.

Strong low pressure storm will do that with the temps. It doesn't have to be a TS or Hurricane although they really do it in a severe manner like mid 90s all week, then when raining before it hit and the day after Hugo it was in the 60s here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got a smattering of rain. Enough to cool things down more that the 4` drop we saw yesterday.... it is 80` and quite comfortable

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Partly cloudy with a slight chance of hail size rocks and molotov cocktails. 🤕

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...