Cornwall III or Forte III, help me choose

rich121

15 hours ago, jason str said:

Not a real comparison, 2 different speakers with different needs in two different areas of the room. About as useless of a comparison as you could get.

Until you get either in your room setup with your gear its a coin toss.

he moved the F3s to the same spot and used the same gear and music.  ..He just didn't swap out the still photo.  

Not quite apples to apples on that vid.  The Fortes were placed in front of the Cornwalls and if memory serves, the Fortes were also on ~3-inch risers.  Triple the hit on the lows (on risers, away from the wall, and something behind to dynamically soak up energy) plus a boost to the non-lows (on risers) and no toe-in or relative mic height indication (which would be useful to those of us who are thus familiar) for the Fortes in comparison.

• Moderators
On 1/30/2019 at 9:09 AM, rich121 said:

First post.

Anyways, I am interested in purchasing a new pair of Klipsch speakers, either Cornwall III or Forte III and would suggestions/advice from those familiar with the speakers and what works best for room size.

My room is 17' wide, 23' long and 8' ceiling.

My current system to be used with these speakers:

Turntable:                 Technics SL1000 MKIII with Fidelity Research FR64S arm, SoundSmith Sussurro MKII cartridge

SACD/CD player:      Sony 5400ES

Amplifiers:                Quicksilver V4" mono tube amps (new 170 watt version, uses KT150 tubes)
Pre-Amp:                   Zesto Leto 1.5 tube pre-amp
Phono stage:           Zesto Andros 1.2 tube phono stage
Subwoofers:            Pair of JL Audio Fathom F113's  (2500 watts each)

Thank you!

Rick

Love them both for different reasons.  I always say the Cornwall IIIs have a "warm sound".  The Forte IIIs are a bit brighter!  That being said I would get in touch with @MetropolisLakeOutfitters aka Cory Harrison in the Klipsch Owner's Facebook group aka Batman!  😂 He's a certified Heritage dealer and can offer you excellent advice and service....and his pricing is difficult to beat.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 2:29 PM, CECAA850 said:

For me, the listening room in Hope was a great place to compare speakers.  The most interesting and telling thing about the whole experience was the fact that everyone heard the same thing and yet different people had different favorites.  No one on this, or any other forum, can tell the OP what will sound best to his ears.  He'll have to decide for himself.

True. I have people come here when I have more than one type of speaker for sale and they ask me what I like best. I always have an answer and we always listen to them all because sometimes they prefer the ones I don't like as much. I wish they were making a new version of the Chorus because for my taste they beat the Fortes and Cornwalls.

Thanks for all the great replies...I have lots of time to decide... I would also like to add the La Scala, that is, if my room is large enough at 17' wide x 23' long x 7.5' high?
And I still plan to use my JL Audio Fathom 113 subs for a controlled bottom end.

What room requirements do the La Scala have over the others, I guess my biggest concern is the 7.5' ceiling.

• Like 1

Figure out where you want to place the speakers and move the furniture out of the space. Next use tape to lay out the floor space. For instance for the lascala allocate 3 square feet to allow for space behind and sides. Blue painter tape on the wall up to the height of the cabinet size. Stand back and you will then begin to appreciate the space requirements it takes to live amongst your speakers of choice.

2 hours ago, rich121 said:

I have lots of time to decide

Hi Rich; welcome to the forum :D  

OK; one more opinion :) Have Cornwall I's in my main listening room (as rears) and Forte I's in a small stereo room.  The Forte's are "anemic" compared to the Cornwall's :(  If you like to play your music loud, there is no comparison,  Just ordered some PRO woofers to replace the regular ones in the Forte's ... OK; trying to get these Forte's to play "evenly" with K-510 horns ... very "knowledgeable" people on this forum have advised me that I might get "close" to Cornwall's using this approach :D  Good luck!

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question and I am asking for a hint
I have a Cambridge Audio set + a set of speakers in the 5.1 home cinema that meets 100% of my expectations.
I have an acoustically adapted room of about 20 sq m for AUDIO purposes
Now I am thinking about further modification of the set and here I am asking for help
Can I connect the power amplifier to the CA CXR200 and I am wondering if I choose between YAMAHA AS3000 / PARASUND Halo integra or MCintosh + Klipsch Forte III
I am asking for info if you think this configuration will work
I am mainly interested in your opinion about the speaker system

regards 
Wojtek