Klipschorn KBWL on Auction in Pine Bluff, AR this weekend

avguytx

These are some good looking Klipschorns.  Definitely in good shape.

No affiliation

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/ele/d/pine-bluff-klipschorn-kbwl-speaker/6807523138.html

Link to actual auction this weekend...

https://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=3220742&category=0&zip=&kwd=

For Sale at an Estate Auction this Sunday at 1:00 P.M. in Pine Bluff, AR
1 Pair of Klipschorn KBWL Floor Standing Corner Speakers.  Serial # 8653743 . These were purchased by the late owner from Custom Audio in Little Rock and were professionally installed and are in mint condition. This is an excellent opportunity to purchase legendary Speakers.  Pair of Klipschorn Floorstanding Speakers (1 Owner ~ Mint Condition)

Nice Home Furnishings ~ Décor ~ Appliances 

Vintage Collectibles ~ Paintings ~ Garage Contents 

and lots more at an ESTATE AUCTION
Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 1:00 P.M.
3807 Mulberry St., Pine Bluff, AR 71601

00w0w_2tIHMUX82gr_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_8Nnc2kBBZkx_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_hIYliDCk2j3_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_4dSXLyyS2yp_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_fIOzdH8HhAS_1200x900.jpg

If I get them their going in my music room Ive been wanting a pair of these my entire life and finally have a place to put them.... these look very nice.. Ive been looking and kinda have an idea of what they should go for but do you mind if I ask your opinion on what a fair price would be?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mjohn said:

If I get them their going in my music room Ive been wanting a pair of these my entire life and finally have a place to put them.... these look very nice.. Ive been looking and kinda have an idea of what they should go for but do you mind if I ask your opinion on what a fair price would be?

Those sure look to be in great shape. Good luck and I hope you bring those beauties home.

5 hours ago, mjohn said:

Ive been looking and kinda have an idea of what they should go for but do you mind if I ask your opinion on what a fair price would be?

Klipsch, B Collar, Walnut, Lacquer, from 1989.  Those look really nice.  And yeah, I've got a pretty good idea what they're worth.

Check your PM (top right, the Mail icon that now has a "1").  Research tool sent. 

Welcome to the Klipsch Forums, and good luck in your search for Khorns.  It will be worth it when you find them.

-Dave

4 hours ago, Budman said:

$3500 final bid

Can you explain a bit more?  Is the 3500 the actual selling price?  If it is then it's the highest recorded sale price I will have documented, $3K was the previous high. $2500 average.

I clicked on the link and it said the auction was Feb 3.  It's possible I don't know how to read that website as I am not registered with them.

11 hours ago, avguytx said:

I figure some of the Little Rock flippers will be there to peruse them.  lol

i'm sure pcapps will be there its like 58 mins away for him. he always has some nice heritage f/s on the bay

if he gets them they will be on ebay for $4795

stunning set from 1989

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hybridamp said:

(looking at the last photo), I wonder if they were pushed up against that brick?  That's a rather abrasive surface...

If they were installed correctly they are not even touching the brick. Should be foam or some kind of seal to the corner.

The last auction I went to they  were C quality and they were run up to a A quality price. There were only 3 of us there and guy on the ''phone'' lol. We all left and they still had entire house of stuff to sell. We figured it was all going to be run up by guy on ''Phone'' 

I bet these go up to more than 4000 actions are a joke if you ask me. Because they look at the new prices and figure they can get close to that. I bet that pair I went to are still owned by the auctioneer...lol.

5 hours ago, ricktate said:

If they were installed correctly they are not even touching the brick. Should be foam or some kind of seal to the corner.

The last auction I went to they  were C quality and they were run up to a A quality price. There were only 3 of us there and guy on the ''phone'' lol. We all left and they still had entire house of stuff to sell. We figured it was all going to be run up by guy on ''Phone'' 

I bet these go up to more than 4000 actions are a joke if you ask me. Because they look at the new prices and figure they can get close to that. I bet that pair I went to are still owned by the auctioneer...lol.

I never assume anyone installs/does anything correctly anymore after a couple decades in technical support.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rockhound said:

agree on what you said a shame really.

And that other guy on CL, besides Phil, gets some good stuff but takes the absolute worst pictures ever.  It's like a one armed 4th grader took the pictures with his dads polaroid camera from almost the exact same angle every time.