Multimeters and which one you use

mopardave

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

Yes, if you are speaking of measuring things like plate and filament voltage, etc.  

Maynard

apart from a simple continuity test for shorting, how would one go about measuring plate and filament voltage and compare to specs? I already check the continuity/shorting of my power octets.

5 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Should have bought ONE Fluke instead of 3 off brand ones.

I still laugh every time I look at John Fluke's creation and company name for a precision instrument! It's not a fluke that he name it fluke. I knew a guy than name his company Fly By Night Construction and another that had a picture frame company named Gross Frames...........oh, and Savage Background papers for photography was another good one.

The Todoroff Brothers, who built me a new septic field had a slogan: "We're #1 in the #2 business."  You gotta love people with a permanent sense of humor!!

On 2/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, mopardave said:

Yeah, hind sight is always 20/20.   It was just time for something new.    This Klein had good ratings for accuracy.

Here's the Klein meter.  Readings are 7 or 8 points lower than what I get with my sears and HF meters, but close to the readings on the amp volt DC meters.

IMG_0538.JPG