Is There A Saudi Arabian Equivalent of Ebay

thebes

I ask cause the new regime is shaking down the old regime in a "corruption probe" to the tune of....

...get this...

106 billion smackers.

No I'm not making that up . 10.6 billion Benjamins,

It's not all money, its good etc.  So I'm thinking this has got to include a ton of stereo equipment and you just know it's high end.  I'm figuring given what they've seized this stuff is going to be going out the door for pennies on the dollar. 

I'm also figuring an intrepid band of stereo geeks (gee I wonder where I could find such people) could clean up.

So what we need is a Forum member whose a third cousin removed from the Official Falconer, fluent in Farsi and likes tubes.  Then we pool our money, raise $34 or so and end up with $20 or $30 million in stereo gear.

Whose with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

I have an x son in law from there, I would think most of the audio equipment from Saudi is barely used. Unless they were to hire someone from another country to connect it and turn it on. Which is what they do with most things.

21 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Farsi is a Persian language, not Arabian.  If Farsi were needed, I might be able to hook you up, however.

Picky, picky.  My God it's people like you who are holding back our newest, latest and greatest foreign policy breakthroughs.

Now Dtel gets what I'm about. You gotta get hooked up to deal with these cats.  I'm talkin a deal deal.  A half a billion or so falls off a truck, gets on an oil tanker, and is offloaded in Jersey. Next thing you know we are up to our collective armpits in Mac gear, $20K carts and esoteric cables. Who knows they might even throw in some Beatles albums.

23 hours ago, sputnik said:

If you're the accountant, count me out. 106 billion smackers is only 1.06 billion Benjamins. I smell a scam - I'm still waiting for the 18 million smackers that your Nigerian royal family friends promised me.

Thebes maybe somewhat sketchy in his approach to the hard sciences like math, not to mention Hi-Fi chicks on a Friday night. (http://www.itishifi.com/)  Accounting is something I'm reserving for that , hopefully, far, far day when I'm called to fess up to my various (cough, cough) moral failings.