Lost right channel on acrus amp?

CHASLS2

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

If nothing else, I'm sure @WakeJunkie will be able to use the two channels.  

Typically not advised with a broken amplifier with a shared power supply, could lead to a smoke show and or a complete ruining of the amplifier possibly taking out speakers as it goes. 

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Typically not advised with a broken amplifier with a shared power supply, could lead to a smoke show and or a complete ruining of the amplifier possibly taking out speakers as it goes. 

Though possible, not too likely if blown output transistor on one of the channels.  You could always completely disable the "bad" channel for peace of mind.

Bill

1 minute ago, willland said:

Though possible, not too likely 

Bill

I've seen what amp failures can do to speakers and its not pretty, I personally would not take the chance but to each their own. With any luck the amp can be fixed and this will be a non issue. I've had the Acurus 200x3 amplifier before and really enjoyed the sound, think its worth getting fixed IMO.

15 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I've seen what amp failures can do to speakers and its not pretty, I personally would not take the chance but to each their own.

You are right, better to lean on the side of caution.

16 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

With any luck the amp can be fixed and this will be a non issue. I've had the Acurus 200x3 amplifier before and really enjoyed the sound, think its worth getting fixed IMO.

Totally agree.

Bill