SOLD Cornscala C walnut veneer gorgeous $1500 TRADES?

Madman1

These were built by a forum member, he is an incredible woodworker. They have all the C components, jbl tweeters, selenium mid driver and crites cast frame woofer. I’m dramatically downsizing homes and can’t imagine sticking these in storage. These will come with the crites xovers. They are currently on casters but come with floor spikes also. No grills but they are available from crites. Since I’ve owned them I pulled the crossover off the back of the cabinets and doubled the back panel up. I will sell to a forum member for $1600 drop to $1500. I’m just west of Atlanta. Thanks for looking and I hope someone can enjoy these. 

Considering trades now, I have to be out of my house by the 1st of March. I will consider trades for high end tube amps, big vintage receivers or big vintage amps.

Nothing that needs repair and No Chinese stuff, no offense! Please don’t low ball me. If your gear is worth less throw some cash with it. If it’s worth more I’ll throw some cash with it.

Thanks,

Mark

A4B6D7FB-FBC3-4E81-A0DF-08EB3B7DE5C1.jpeg

42DA2346-C9EC-408C-BC16-D220CF0DEA2E.jpeg

2AD2E240-C96A-4FE6-8631-B171378C8703.jpeg

D40B2CB8-2C4D-4D5E-858E-D2BA17348CD8.jpeg

8F086987-E1A0-417A-BBB5-0FEE10B92BDF.jpeg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

That was quick.  Congratulations to you both.  I really like my Cornscala style B

I feel like they were priced to sale quick. Coulda asked for more and probably got it but, they’d moved slower. My closing is in a few weeks so I didn’t have time on my side.  Thanks guys! 

5 hours ago, Madman1 said:

I feel like they were priced to sale quick. Coulda asked for more and probably got it but, they’d moved slower. My closing is in a few weeks so I didn’t have time on my side.  Thanks guys! 

My wife has considered moving to make me get rid of my stuff.  Actually, maybe she just wanted to move, I'm not sure I'm invited...

• Haha 4

So....guy just emailed me and said he had a bad morning, flat tire  etc...and after he committed and gave me his “word” and had me pull them off the market he’s not coming to get these anymore. Very frustrating! So these are back on the market.

Thanks!

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Madman1 said:

So....guy just emailed me and said he had a bad morning, flat tire  etc...and after he committed and gave me his “word” and had me pull them off the market he’s not coming to get these anymore. Very frustrating! So these are back on the market.

Thanks!

Things happen, but bullshitting gets obnoxious... GLWS man

• Like 2

I feel your disappointment.

I recently got talked down well below asking price on a pair of speakers, only to have the guy, after weeks of emails, call me on the scheduled pickup day and cancel because the engine in his van overheated and was being towed... 

There is a certain psychology behind this, and I don’t like how I feel about those it applies to... but I get it. 

I have found the longer I give someone to put their money where their mouth is, the more my chain gets yanked, lol. 

Any ad I post now states “Item will be removed when sold. First come, first served. No holds.” That, amongst other conditons, to try and establish the capacity to conduct a transaction I care to be a part of, as a human being. 

GLWS

Yea, it’s tough. I understand that things happen and people have bad days but, I was just thinking he’d postpone me for another day not pitch a fit and say I’m done. Anyway I have a new appreciation for how good the speakers are and someone is gonna love them.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, geoff. said:

I feel your disappointment.

I recently got talked down well below asking price on a pair of speakers, only to have the guy, after weeks of emails, call me on the scheduled pickup day and cancel because the engine in his van overheated and was being towed... 

There is a certain psychology behind this, and I don’t like how I feel about those it applies to... but I get it. 

I have found the longer I give someone to put their money where their mouth is, the more my chain gets yanked, lol. 

Any ad I post now states “Item will be removed when sold. First come, first served. No holds.” That, amongst other conditons, to try and establish the capacity to conduct a transaction I care to be a part of, as a human being. 

GLWS

I have decided no more sales of heavy items over internet. Been burned by either dishonest or stupid people. 

With eBay, Audiogon, and Paypal the buyer is the king. I paid shipping, bought some unneeded drivers, shipped drivers, and lost my speakers last year. 

Done.

One item I have picked up on. If they email with a problem 15 minutes after delivery you have been had. Usually there is a crook on the other end.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deep3shot said:

I have these Cornscala's.  $ 1500.00 is an excellent deal for a buyer.  Sit in front of these listening to your music and you'll wonder why you waited so long for these terrific speakers.

Thanks for that deep3shot!