shuguang 6ca7 vs psvane 6ca7 treasure

mopardave

I understand that this tube was produced first by Shuguang then by psvane. I ordered thru psvane.   How can I tell the difference between the two?   Read some reviews on the early shuguangs burning out and taking amp parts with them.   These were sent to me by mistake as I ordered the psvane Tii and received these.  would like to give them a try if I get stuck with them, but don't want to risk my amp if they are the early ones.   Would like to know differences.  Thanks

SH-6CA7-Z_Shuguang-Treasure-1.jpg

Just did some searching and found some info, so i'll answer my own question maybe someone else is interested.   There is an original shuguang and a new version shuguang 6ca7-z tube. The psvane version has psvane script on the glass and a nice looking tube.  They all get rave reviews as well.  Sounds like the early version Shuguang may of had some issues with early burn out.  I have the improved newer version.     If i don't hear back from the seller about a refund or exchange, i will install them for a good listen.  Should be fun.    Would these be bias same as any 6ca7?

I had a listen to the Shuguang 6ca7-z tubes.  Only a couple hours, but I really don't care for them.  They just don't sound natural and I know they need some hrs to burn in, but I don't think they could come around enough for me.   Hope I don't get stuck with these ugly tubes.  They look like rejects with 2 of the glass tubes cooked in there sockets and the bias drifts a lot.  Took an hour to stabilize.   Ended up with the bias pots turned way down.   Their all boxed up and ready to go back now.     

On 2/3/2019 at 12:24 PM, mopardave said:

I had a listen to the Shuguang 6ca7-z tubes.  Only a couple hours, but I really don't care for them.  They just don't sound natural and I know they need some hrs to burn in, but I don't think they could come around enough for me.   Hope I don't get stuck with these ugly tubes.  They look like rejects with 2 of the glass tubes cooked in there sockets and the bias drifts a lot.  Took an hour to stabilize.   Ended up with the bias pots turned way down.   Their all boxed up and ready to go back now.     

The photo you posted is of the early Shuguang Treasure 6ca7-z. They are not the same as the gray glass II's. The seller is BS-ing you and sent you a subpar set of tubes. Did you get them on the auction site? What do the readings on the little cards that came with the tubes? If the seller balks file a complaint with epay. 

8 minutes ago, Les Lammers said:

The photo you posted is of the early Shuguang Treasure 6ca7-z. They are not the same as the gray glass II's. The seller is BS-ing you and sent you a subpar set of tubes. Did you get them on the auction site? What do the readings on the little cards that came with the tubes? If the seller balks file a complaint with epay. 

I currently have a complaint filed.  39ma was the only details.   They look like some junk tubes they needed to dump, 2 tubes are not in their sockets straight.   I knew it would be buy be ware with china. I rolled the dice and rolled snake eyes.  win some lose some.

2 hours ago, mopardave said:

I currently have a complaint filed.  39ma was the only details.   They look like some junk tubes they needed to dump, 2 tubes are not in their sockets straight.   I knew it would be buy be ware with china. I rolled the dice and rolled snake eyes.  win some lose some.

h_salience is a reputable epay seller.

24 minutes ago, mopardave said:

I have not seen that seller with any of the psvane stuff.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=h_salience&_sop=12&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=psvane&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

Wow, some of the prices have gone stupid. Was the seller you bought from "Shuguangs" ? I had a not so good experience with them. I have noticed that the number of Treasure and Psvane tubes for sale on the auction site has decreased. Hopefully, they will up QC and restrict having sub par tubes smuggled out of the factory. Yup, this has been documented. From the description of your tubes it appears that is what you received. I have been using the CV181/6SN7's for a number of years and they are better, IMHO, than any NOS 6SN7's I have. 

BTW, Shuguang is the world's biggest tube manufacturer.

Please keep us apprised of the outcome of your transaction. 

8 minutes ago, Les Lammers said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=h_salience&_sop=12&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=psvane&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

Wow, some of the prices have gone stupid. Was the seller you bought from "Shuguangs" ? I had a not so good experience with them. I have noticed that the number of Treasure and Psvane tubes for sale on the auction site has decreased. Hopefully, they will up QC and restrict having sub par tubes smuggled out of the factory. Yup, this has been documented. From the description of your tubes it appears that is what you received. I have been using the CV181/6SN7's for a number of years and they are better, IMHO, than any NOS 6SN7's I have. 

BTW, Shuguang is the world's biggest tube manufacturer.

Please keep us apprised of the outcome of your transaction. 

I don't know. Totally confused with this order.  The address on the box reads China. The add on Ebay reads shipped from Hong Kong. I ordered psvane and recieved Shuguang.

12 minutes ago, mopardave said:

"I don't know. Totally confused with this order.  The address on the box reads China. The add on Ebay reads shipped from Hong Kong. I ordered psvane and recieved Shuguang."

Psvane was formed several years ago when part of the Shuguang R&D team split off to start their own tube development/production facility, so there should have been no confusion on the part of the seller in sending you the tubes that you ordered.

Ordering from an int'l seller on an auction site can be a bit worriesome, to say the least, for all you have to go by are other buyer reviews and the seller's rating.  Sorry to see in your case it has turned out quite unsatisfactory.  Fortunately ebay/PayPal is helpful in situations like yours and very likely will side with you in getting the proper tubes shipped or your money back.

I suppose I got lucky when I ordered my matched pair of Psvane Gold CV181-tii off ebay back in 2017, but for the price ($137/pair) I didn't think I had much to lose, and they are still working well in my SP-14 Pre.  Really hope it all gets sorted out for you.

~

TII-CV181-tubes-pair-with-box-300x233.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

23 minutes ago, scalawag said:

Psvane was formed several years ago when part of the Shuguang R&D team split off to start their own tube development/production facility, so there should have been no confusion on the part of the seller in sending you the tubes that you ordered.

Ordering from an int'l seller on an auction site can be a bit worriesome, to say the least, for all you have to go by are other buyer reviews and the seller's rating.  Sorry to see in your case it has turned out quite unsatisfactory.  Fortunately ebay/PayPal is helpful in situations like yours and very likely will side with you in getting the proper tubes shipped or your money back.

I suppose I got lucky when I ordered my matched pair of Psvane Gold CV181-tii off ebay back in 2017, but for the price ($137/pair) I didn't think I had much to lose, and they are still working well in my SP-14 Pre.  Really hope it all gets sorted out for you.

~

TII-CV181-tubes-pair-with-box-300x233.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

The seller is listed as psvane, I don't believe it's the company, but someone using that name. Not very professional.  100% score.  They wont get a good score from me.