65 Khorns walnut raw " SOLD "

davis419b

These are 1965 Klipschorns in Walnut Raw. When I tried to look them up on the finish codes it was not there so I am going to say they were special order and rare. The grill cloth would be amazing if it were in as nice of shape as the cabinets but they are not. I purchased Durocrest # 17 black cloth to redo them with but decided not to use it hoping to get something that looked closer to the 60's it will be included. Some of the new Forte III grill cloth looks really nice to resemble that period.

Serial numbers are 2C050 & 2C051. They have the K-33-J woofers, K-55-v mid range, K-77 tweeters and 1R crossovers. The previous owner had the crossovers rebuilt with the original style oil capacitors and I rarely listened to them as they were in my bedroom so they are like new.

I waited until today hoping for some sunshine but did not get it so my pics are terrible with my cell phone. If this hurts the sell I will wait for sunshine and hopefully get better pics.

46 minutes ago, davis419b said:

Its not cat stain the previous owner told me he had them bagged up in plastic in his garage and somehow moisture built up inside and stained the grill cloth. He was a longtime forum member so I had no reason not to believe him.

I was joking about the origin of the stain, but not about anything else.  It would take some cat to make that stain.

Nice looking!

22 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

It would take some cat to make that stain.

As a side comment (not constructive to the thread I might add)....  my cat has diabetes and one thing he's on is a shot of "Salix" (Furosemide).  Evidently it's a diuretic.  Had cat at vet once, (general checkup) vet said has he peed lately?  Nope.....  so he got a box full of litter and Mr. Carrot knew what to do....  he jumped in and went.....and went......and went......and went......and went some more....

The vet asked if he always went with this much volume....  said I didn't know, he goes outside alone.

Vet immediately halved his dosage.

"My boy" could have easily made a mark that size or bigger.....  He might only have three fangs but he's evidently got one heck of a bladder!!

Ok, back to your previous discussions......

Free bump

:emotion-21:

8 minutes ago, Coytee said:

“My boy" could have easily made a mark that size or bigger.....  He might only have three fangs but he's evidently got one heck of a bladder!!

Not so much the size of the stain, but the location.  Seems it would take a very tall cat or one with high pressure and excellent aim.

Hope your cat is doing well.  Wasn’t there a Salix The Cat cartoon?

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2019 at 1:37 PM, Coytee said:

The vet asked if he always went with this much volume....  said I didn't know, he goes outside alone.

Reminds me of the doctor who asked, “Does he talk to himself when he’s alone?” To which the person replied, “I don’t know.  I’ve never been with him when he was alone.”

Now seriously, someone buy these excellent Khorns.