Spotify

artto

Anyone using Spotify?

The Premium service "high quality" audio is apparently is only 320kbps, not even CD quality much less "Hi-Res".

And then there's the artist content thing. Some of the composers/compositions I listen to can be somewhat obscure or at least, let's say "less traveled".

What about classical? Can I search by orchestra, or conductor?

I'm basically considering going all online streaming - if the quality and content is there. But from what I can tell so far it looks like things may have not progressed to the quality and content of my liking.

I use Spotify and Pandora on computer speakers, the wife’s living room Klipsch iPod dock and in the car, but not on main 2 channel system.  Each has it’s pluses and minuses.  

Spotify lets you search for and play specific songs, Pandora does not.  I also like Spotify’s Discovery Weekly and daily algorithms generated playlists.  My biggest problem with Spotify is its tendency to repeat songs too often if you listen for an extended period.

I use both Spotify Premium and Tidal. I use Tidal for hi-fi (also offers MQA, but i don’t use it) streaming on my home stereo. Tidal’s sound quality is fantastic and much better than Spotify’s highest quality option, however, I find the app not as user friendly as Spotify, and their library isn’t quite where Spotify is yet.

Anyone using Spotify?

The Premium service "high quality" audio is apparently is only 320kbps, not even CD quality much less "Hi-Res".

And then there's the artist content thing. Some of the composers/compositions I listen to can be somewhat obscure or at least, let's say "less traveled".

What about classical? Can I search by orchestra, or conductor?

I'm basically considering going all online streaming - if the quality and content is there. But from what I can tell so far it looks like things may have not progressed to the quality and content of my liking.
Been using Spotify for a little over a year now. I use the higher quality feature, and it's fine, even excellent for what it is. Great when your on the road, or out and about on the water fishing.

For pure music enjoyment, it destroys Sirius and XM. Far cheaper, works in all my vehicles, even my boat. All you need is bluetooth or USB connectivity. You can chose to download your music if you dont like streaming, and save/share your playlist. The app will make suggestions based on your listening preferences, and my kids can use it without having to pay a fee.

Sirius and XM are dead or dying. Spotify is going to bury them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I use both Spotify Premium and Tidal. I use Tidal for hi-fi (also offers MQA, but i don’t use it) streaming on my home stereo. Tidal’s sound quality is fantastic and much better than Spotify’s highest quality option, however, I find the app not as user friendly as Spotify, and their library isn’t quite where Spotify is yet.
Good to know, thx.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The two streaming services I use regularly at home are Tidal and Deezer. Both stream at "CD quality" (their claims).

I also have high hopes for Qobuz, when it is fully available in the USA.

Everything else works for cars, airplanes, etc. or if I can't find a particular album on Tidal or Deezer.

Just my opinion.