Super Bowl Pats /Rams

rockhound

Super Bowl Pats /Rams  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the super bowl?

3 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

And you can't turn off the halftime show unless you take a half hour crap.

Actually, that's exactly what I did.  Turning off the halftime show, not the taking a crap thing.  :rolleyes:

Just as the half was ending I finished up the install of the RC-64 III to the living room.  At halftime I was able to run Audyssey from my Marantz 6011 and test the sound using my favorite  Blu-ray disk.  I had some problems with the playback and I think the Sony BD player is having some mechanical issues.  The speaker sounds great.

12 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Actually, that's exactly what I did.  Turning off the halftime show, not the taking a crap thing.  :rolleyes:

Just as the half was ending I finished up the install of the RC-64 III to the living room.  At halftime I was able to run Audyssey from my Marantz 6011 and test the sound using my favorite  Blu-ray disk.  I had some problems with the playback and I think the Sony BD player is having some mechanical issues.  The speaker sounds great.

Very impressive center speaker huh Dave? I think the newer hi-end speakers look awesome.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:
39 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The speaker sounds great.

Very impressive center speaker huh Dave? I think the newer hi-end speakers look awesome.

It's extremely strong, very clear at lower SPL's and what I hear different from the old RC-64 v1 is that it is very dynamic.  There is a lot of mid-range punch at any SPL.  Audyssey set it to "Small" but the XO point is 40 Hz.  At the moment that's almost too much bass from the center when using the 15" sub.  I need to fiddle with it to get it dialed in as I'm not a bass head.

I think I will experiment with a little higher XO point and if that doesn't get me to what I want to hear the Marantz has a Dialog Adjust setting where I can dial the center up or down a few Db.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

The other thing that astounds me is what Tony Romo said---When the Pats lost Josh Gordon they changed the offense to running smash mouth football. How many teams have the organizational capability to do that in mid season?

JJK

Bellicheck changes game to game.  If you have a bad pass defense they'll throw 90% of the time.  If you can't stop the run, guess what?  It's going to be a long day.  They draft guys with high football IQ's that can play multiple positions and are never one dimensional or stuck in any one type style of play.  That goes for offense, defense and special teams.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Bellicheck changes game to game.  If you have a bad pass defense they'll throw 90% of the time.  If you can't stop the run, guess what?  It's going to be a long day.  They draft guys with high football IQ's that can play multiple positions and are never one dimensional or stuck in any one type style of play.  That goes for offense, defense and special teams.

Bill is the master at researching the other team and making changes at halftime. How many times have they come back from behind and win? He's a great analyst. 

58 minutes ago, dtel said:

Didn't watch the game, no interest

I'm not into pro football either, although I realize others are. Heck, I think Carl's garage floor project is more interesting than pro ball. To each his    own I guess.

Keith

56 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Well, this one had a few laughs, I think.

That's odd, I clicked on the links and it says "video unavailable."

I hadn't seen the ad but I saw other references to the hundred year game.  I wonder why someone took it down?

+++

Edit:  Fumble!...(Brady with 5 giant Superbowl rings)  here, hold this...

That was brilliant, and funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJjiIuH1VnY

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That's odd, I clicked on the links and it says "video unavailable."

I hadn't seen the ad but I saw other references to the hundred year game.  I wonder why someone took it down?

Hmm,  It just worked when I clicked on it.  

Just now, Shiva said:

Hmm,  It just worked when I clicked on it.  

I just posted the video again and mine had the same error message.  I reduced it to a link.

Sometimes my Firebox doesn't display all content.  I wonder if that's the problem.