Klipsch La Scala Dance Floor - Vintage

Adker

Well I guess I just love wretched excess?

How about four KP-600 High frequency boxes, four KP-600 dual 15" bifurcated mid horn boxes, all stacked on four KPT-1802 Subs, and placing one stack of each in all four corners. Call me stupid, but you could do that for what you have wrapped up in all that home gear, and permanently deafen every single guest while only loafing around with the system. Joey B does Pro Sound at large gigs with up to eight stacks of KP-600s and states two stacks is good enough for crowds up to 5,000 people outside.  :D

The Max SPL of a single La Scala is 121 dB.           

The max SPL of a single KP-600 stack is 137.5 dB.

Question for the group: How many La Scalas will it take to match the maximum acoustic output of a stereo pair of KP-600 stacks?  :D

Roger

I’m catering to a club of 250 to 500 not a  necessarily festival stage of 5000 people.  Plus I run on my Vinyl only nights tube amps on the La Scala.   Trying to go for something more intimate.  Kind going more for those Hi-Fi clubs that been pop up finally in the States but in Japan and else in the world for a while now,  like places like New York City been catching now.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/dj-club-sound-systems-brooklyn

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 3/3/2019 at 4:10 AM, Autobahn Alex said:

I’m catering to a club of 250 to 500 not a  necessarily festival stage of 5000 people.  Plus I run on my Vinyl only nights tube amps on the La Scala.   Trying to go for something more intimate.  Kind going more for those Hi-Fi clubs that been pop up finally in the States but in Japan and else in the world for a while now,  like places like New York City been catching now.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/dj-club-sound-systems-brooklyn

That is awesome.

• Thanks 1